Category Suggestions

This forum is for the discussion of AMVs for the 2010 Viewers' Choice Awards. This is a temporary forum and will be removed when the contest is done.
User avatar
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:59 pm
Status: Always around, creating more AMVs. :)
Location: Cane Ridge, TN
Contact:
Org Profile

Category Suggestions

Postby GloryQuestor » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Category Description wrote:(Space for Rent)


Guess what? We have a category opening! So, we're now taking your suggestions as to what should fit in here. We'll keep suggestions open until the day of nominations. There, you will see which category I will select out of all the ones presented.

So, what category do you want to see in the 2010 VCAs? :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - AMV Events
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff

User avatar
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:50 pm
Status: NMEs Prodigy
Location: Nowheresville, NJ
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby dreamawake » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Best Live Action Video


^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Image

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Best Brad
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 am
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Weirdest video. Some 'other' vids are just so damn odd that you don't know where to fit them but aren't quite vid of the year material either...
Image

User avatar
inthesto
Beef Basket
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:27 am
Status: PARTIES
Location: PARTIES
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby inthesto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:22 pm

BEST DINOSAUR
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

User avatar
-BL-
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby -BL- » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Best Drunkard! :>
Image

User avatar
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:07 pm
Status: Shutting Down
Location: Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Infinity Squared » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Lifetime Achievement Award?

One given to an editor who has over the life of being in the org have made an impact both in terms of their videos as well as being part of the community.
Image

User avatar
inthesto
Beef Basket
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:27 am
Status: PARTIES
Location: PARTIES
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby inthesto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Dinosaurs are totally sweet. The real question is which one is the sweetest? This award goes to the dinosaur that most exemplifies the ideas of being huge and reptilian, along with eliciting the most favorable responses from dino-fanboys.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Ankylosaurii are totally sweet and should win because of their kickass crushing tails.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!
Location: Jurassic Park
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 pm

mirkosp wrote:Weirdest video. Some 'other' vids are just so damn odd that you don't know where to fit them but aren't quite vid of the year material either...


I actually think that this would be a great category, I suggested it before ... and it's easy to filter because vids have an "Other" option that can be checked.

On another note.

The Heidigger award for the exploration of existential nihilism. This video would be the one that best shows that life and AMVs have no meaning, purpose, or intrinisc value. This AMV would break the rules, because to a nihilist rules do not exist, and any attemt to make rules are abstractly contrived.
Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Best Anime Tribute - I have always wanted to nominate several videos that do anime's tribute really well. :up:

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Best Studio

The big studios are getting bigger. Let's get this gang war started up in here!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
Kyssifur
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:35 am
Status: I can Ntertain
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Kyssifur » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Best Mindf*ck?
we are awesome

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Code wrote:Best Anime Tribute - I have always wanted to nominate several videos that do anime's tribute really well. :up:

Y'know it's funny, that actually kinda used to be a category...
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
inthesto
Beef Basket
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:27 am
Status: PARTIES
Location: PARTIES
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Category Suggestions

Postby inthesto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Cap'n Toddenfreude wrote:
mirkosp wrote:Weirdest video. Some 'other' vids are just so damn odd that you don't know where to fit them but aren't quite vid of the year material either...


I actually think that this would be a great category, I suggested it before ... and it's easy to filter because vids have an "Other" option that can be checked.

On another note.

The Heidigger award for the exploration of existential nihilism. This video would be the one that best shows that life and AMVs have no meaning, purpose, or intrinisc value. This AMV would break the rules, because to a nihilist rules do not exist, and any attemt to make rules are abstractly contrived.


Heidegger wasn't a nihilist you faggot
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.


Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest