2010 VCAs - General Discussion

simofc90
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by simofc90 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:12 pm

that's my opinion too and that's why for me this contest needs judges + the vote of viewers (as second choice)... like a jca fusion with vca...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Speaking of circle jerking..

We need an RDS choice award because since I was the only one who made videos for RDS last year, I would win by default. 8-) :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Wooo GQ! You guys are in good hands this year. :D

Ironically, the one year I don't run the contest, I don't actually have any videos to enter. >__>

But this'll give me a good chance to catch up on what I've missed all year long. :up:

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Any possibility of getting a rar of the preliminary videos? You know, so we have a complete look at the competition?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

StrawberryKiss
Org Profile

Post by StrawberryKiss » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:53 pm

A statement of being the ring leader of my studio and all.

First of all, yes, we have a lot of editors and like any studio, friends and bonds. So no surprise, we're probably going to put in our 2 cents for our friends and all.

Secondly, it's true. I see a lot of my own studios works. We're now up to 22 editors, 90% active, which means a lot of AMVs to watch. I also watch a lot of the populars on the org though, seen a lot that's been in cons this year. But when I think of a video to nominate I firstly think if there's any fitting any of my members so I can give them a shot.

We're a new group, this is just another chance to participate more in the org and less at our other home, Youtube. With the VCAs, I'm just getting my group's feet wet and having fun.

There's no way any of our nominations will win even if I made all of them vote.

So far the response I'm seeing is a little dramatic and I am surprised that my group gets this much attention in 2 hours.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Actually, I think that at least a couple videos of the Re-Evo have quite a few chances at winning something, imho, or at the very least making the finals. I know I saw a lot of cool vids from you guys, that's why I'm saying it.
Also, I think Re-Evo is pretty well known by now on the org too, anyway. :P

KenniWenni
Org Profile

Post by KenniWenni » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Mmmmkay lemme just say this real quick for teh lulz.

It's called VIEWER'S choice Awards for a reason. YOU, the viewer, choose what you want and that is that. We're each entitled to our own vote and NOBODY but you, the voter, have the right to say what is "right" or "wrong" to vote for.

That being said, what right have you to call us circle jerks for voting for the videos we legit feel is deserving to win whatever category we voted in? I REFUSE to not vote for a video I PERSONALLY as a viewer feel deserves to win, based on what all I've seen, just because some random .org person cries "oh ehm gee friggin circle jerk QQ" might feel offended that, oh noes!, I supported someone that may have been in the same studio as me and is someone I support anyone.

Just sayin' :3. Don't like? Vote for your own people and watch as I kick back and say "oh nice they voted for someone they wanted to vote for."

StrawberryKiss
Org Profile

Post by StrawberryKiss » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 pm

mirkosp wrote:Actually, I think that at least a couple videos of the Re-Evo have quite a few chances at winning something, imho, or at the very least making the finals. I know I saw a lot of cool vids from you guys, that's why I'm saying it.
Also, I think Re-Evo is pretty well known by now on the org too, anyway. :P

I blame my stupid matching graphics. >_<

bladedude101
Org Profile

Post by bladedude101 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:35 am

simofc90 wrote:that's my opinion too and that's why for me this contest needs judges + the vote of viewers (as second choice)... like a jca fusion with vca...
Doesn't that ruin the whole point of a VCA? I mean, the judges at Con's don't have say when the viewers vote on the viewer choice videos there for a reason as well. VCA is a chance for videos to be voted on for personal taste, popularity, and biasm. There are plenty of other contests that demand critical judging of all entries in a proper way. I mean, this would be like a con with 1,000's of videos, so it would be so hard to judge anyway. So many people haven't seen all the videos and I think the videos that win are probably already popular enough. If you want your video to have attention you need to get it before the VCA, VCA wont just magically make it appear.

dwchang wrote:
godix wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:Also, I'm sick of people complaining about circle jerks. Re-Evo is like 20 editors. 20 votes will not make a video win a category. As for the Russians, it wasnt a problem last year. No one cry 'ZOMG CIRCLE JERK' because the VCAs involves the entire site, not just the forums. Let's say the biggest circle jerk is 50 people. That still isnt enough to win a category.
No, but circle jerks are enough to get into the finals. For example, I've been a finalist for most helpful for like the last four or five years now. So circle jerks can get a video rather far, far enough to get attention and so on while other, perhaps more deserving, vids get ignored.
Godix is 100% correct. It doesn't take many votes to make the finals so this is definitely a (minor) problem. For me the problem exists in that deserving videos are ignored due to this. Casual viewers will assume what is in the finals is "the best" when in reality it usually not the case.

That said, Godix is also correct in that the entire contest is one circle jerk within our community so meh.

Edit: It is still pretty hilarious how far people will go for an online contest though and also sad that folks are unable to see past their friends or assume their friends make the best things and thus are blind to other good work. Oh well.
Who said we can't see past "our friends." This is a VCA. This is to post for the videos that you as a viewer had fun with and you as a viewer thought was worth getting up top. Cons are for videos to go solely off the actual editing, this is a chance for us to support our friends and videos we thought deserved more light than they got. As viewer choice awards, you're just as hypocritical by laughing at our choices because the only reason you are is because it's not your choices and you'd rather us agree with you.
Animated wrote:Last year every Russian editor suggested amvs that came from other Russian editors. This year everyone in Re-evolution studios is suggesting amvs of... Re-evolution studios as the best of each category, plus Chiikaboom.

Guess who will continue this circle of life the next year and win some cookies!
I'm also assuming last year you bitched about things that are irrelevant to you. Well this year you're bitching about things that are irrelevant and I'm guessing next year you'll be bitching about things that are irrelevant to you. If you're just offended that you're not getting voted for because you're not in "our circle" you're stupid. it happens because we don't have time to watch every video on the org and we're going to watch our videos first. That doesn't mean we're only going to vote for re-evo videos, but yeah they're probably first on our list to consider. Big whoop? Could you be more petty? "Mom Kyle and his friends are all voting for his race car at the boy scouts award and I only got second place because of it even though I clearly had the best car! :cry: "

I'm changing up my signature just for you whiners. Those who posted with common sense, thank you! Glad to see not every elitist here can't see past their own ego.
Re-Evolution Studios plus Chiikaboom. We're taking our frickin' Cookies bitches!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 am

Well, not everybody is elitist on the org... <.<

And well, I pretty much agree with you: VCA is a thing, JCA another. A fusion would not work out, at least not on its own. It seems as if there won't be any JCA this year, though. :(

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”