2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by Snowcrash » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:18 am

Who is the Re-evolution Studio?
I am serious, it's the first time I hear talk about them. Is it a new one?

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:57 am

mirkosp wrote:Actually, I think that at least a couple videos of the Re-Evo have quite a few chances at winning something, imho, or at the very least making the finals. I know I saw a lot of cool vids from you guys, that's why I'm saying it.
Also, I think Re-Evo is pretty well known by now on the org too, anyway. :P
Now I feel utterly behind in the AMV scene since this is the first I heard this group! :x
ImageImage

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 am

angelx03 wrote:
mirkosp wrote:Actually, I think that at least a couple videos of the Re-Evo have quite a few chances at winning something, imho, or at the very least making the finals. I know I saw a lot of cool vids from you guys, that's why I'm saying it.
Now I feel utterly behind in the AMV scene since this is the first I heard this group! :x
x3
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 am

bladedude101 wrote:
Animated wrote:Last year every Russian editor suggested amvs that came from other Russian editors. This year everyone in Re-evolution studios is suggesting amvs of... Re-evolution studios as the best of each category, plus Chiikaboom.

Guess who will continue this circle of life the next year and win some cookies!
I'm also assuming last year you bitched about things that are irrelevant to you. Well this year you're bitching about things that are irrelevant and I'm guessing next year you'll be bitching about things that are irrelevant to you. If you're just offended that you're not getting voted for because you're not in "our circle" you're stupid. it happens because we don't have time to watch every video on the org and we're going to watch our videos first. That doesn't mean we're only going to vote for re-evo videos, but yeah they're probably first on our list to consider. Big whoop? Could you be more petty? "Mom Kyle and his friends are all voting for his race car at the boy scouts award and I only got second place because of it even though I clearly had the best car! :cry: "
That's just... ridiculous. You make me seem like a little boy that doesn't have the attention he wants. I've never mentioned that this situation offended me, and i have nothing to complain about Re-evolution studio's amvs. Anyway, not much to say here. In fact, there are 700.000+ members in the forum. At least 1/500 will vote. So... :amv:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 am

Oh, also:
Castor Troy wrote:Speaking of circle jerking..

We need an RDS choice award because since I was the only one who made videos for RDS last year, I would win by default. 8-) :P
Liz made a video for AWA :o .... It just never got uploaded to the Org >_>
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:14 am

Brad wrote:
angelx03 wrote:
x3
If Brad hasn't heard of the group, it ain't a valid group.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 am

I can make JCAs.

By myself.

NCPCAs? :awesome:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:56 am

NCPCA's? I'm in :awesome:

And of course I will be holding the ZSCA's, where I watch all my own videos, realize how awesome I am, and have them win every category in the ZSCA's. I will reward myself with a nice glass of wine. Even though I didn't make anything this year. :awesome:

No matter the outcome of this contest, every year somebody is unhappy or butthurt. Every year there are choices that make us go "whaaaaaaaat?" Still, the fact that we have the contest is a positive thing for the community, and thank you for holding it. Same thing with the JCAs. They offer an alternate view from folks who may have seen more stuff than the average person. Getting upset over the whole "circle" thing is just dumb. People are going to do that no matter what. As long as it's a fan nominated/voted contest, yeah.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 am

Brad wrote:
angelx03 wrote:
x3
If you guys had been following the amv announcements, that's likely the group that released the most videos throughout the year, and having a pretty high average quality of releases. :up:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:50 am

People! PEOPLE!

We are getting away from the true issue this year.

Category suggestions!

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”