Most Original Video

This forum is for the discussion of AMVs for the 2010 Viewers' Choice Awards. This is a temporary forum and will be removed when the contest is done.

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Emotive » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Image
User avatar
Emotive
...the Meditant
 
Joined: 04 Nov 2006

Re: Most Original Video

Postby CorpseGoddess » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Full disclosure: Purplepolecat is my husband. That being said, sometimes he tells me about a concept he'll be working on, and I just can't "see" it. This was one of those random ideas that worked, once I had the video to watch. It's a very original pairing of anime and song---*I* certainly would have never thought of it.

Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Dar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:56 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:Full disclosure: Purplepolecat is my husband. That being said, sometimes he tells me about a concept he'll be working on, and I just can't "see" it. This was one of those random ideas that worked, once I had the video to watch. It's a very original pairing of anime and song---*I* certainly would have never thought of it.




I second this.
Image
Image
User avatar
Dar
yuri addict
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Location: orlando
Status: NEEDS MOAR YURI


Re: Most Original Video

Postby SpatulaCastle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:25 am

Emotive wrote:I'll just leave this here..



Has my vote :up:
Image
User avatar
SpatulaCastle
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2004
Location: My house

Re: Most Original Video

Postby cblpoera » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 am

Emotive wrote:I'll just leave this here..



:roll: just awesome amv.. I like it
i'm not superman...
cblpoera
 
Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Location: Russia

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Cenit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 am

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Cenit
 
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Location: Germany
Status: Yes

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Neverend » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am

User avatar
Neverend
The cockpuncher
 
Joined: 23 May 2006
Location: Sweden

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 am

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Most Original Video

Postby B@rs » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 pm

I don´t want to be buried in a Pet Cemetery
User avatar
B@rs
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Location: Ryazan, Russia
Status: Resident Lamer

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Dar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm





This too, one of my fave videos of the year.
Image
Image
User avatar
Dar
yuri addict
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Location: orlando
Status: NEEDS MOAR YURI

Re: Most Original Video

Postby AikiNick » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Difficult to understand, but it's very original, in my opinion.

Image
User avatar
AikiNick
 
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia

Re: Most Original Video

Postby Bauzi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm

AikiNick102 wrote:Difficult to understand, but it's very original, in my opinion.


Discussion!

Eh... what is original about it? Did you saw the anime? I mean THAT was original and very difficult to understand. I don't see any concept behind this video. For me it's picking up random scenes of the Genius Party part with adding fx. Even the song is instrumental, that's why there is even less chance of a deep concept due to the lack of lyrics.

I really like this video and I nominated it at some categories, but please could you elabroate the concept or storyline behind this video, because I'm not getting it at all. :|
Image
Image
User avatar
Bauzi
 
Joined: 21 May 2004
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Status: Under High Voltage

Re: Most Original Video

Postby hiddenninja » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Bauzi wrote:
AikiNick102 wrote:Difficult to understand, but it's very original, in my opinion.


Discussion!

Eh... what is original about it? Did you saw the anime? I mean THAT was original and very difficult to understand. I don't see any concept behind this video. For me it's picking up random scenes of the Genius Party part with adding fx. Even the song is instrumental, that's why there is even less chance of a deep concept due to the lack of lyrics.

I really like this video and I nominated it at some categories, but please could you elabroate the concept or storyline behind this video, because I'm not getting it at all. :|


Wait, are you saying that instrumental songs have no depth?
hiddenninja
 
Joined: 16 Dec 2008

Re: Most Original Video

Postby mirkosp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:02 pm

hiddenninja wrote:Wait, are you saying that instrumental songs have no depth?


I think he's saying that if you're using an instrumental song, then you need to pay extra attention to the scene selection and the effect use to build a proper storyline or show and understandable concept, otherwise it just seems like a random mix of scenes. Songs with lyrics make it easier to explain an idea since you have some lines to follow and whatnot, but that has nothing to do with the depth of a song. What he was saying was more editing related than audio related, really.
Image
User avatar
mirkosp
MODkip
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest