Best Collaborative Video

This forum is for the discussion of AMVs for the 2010 Viewers' Choice Awards. This is a temporary forum and will be removed when the contest is done.

Re: Best Collaborative Video

Postby Cenit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 am

simofc90 wrote:

this one is awesome :up:

seconded
ImageImageImage
Cenit

Postby dreamawake » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Soup wrote:
Kosmit wrote:
Shame on you guys for forgetting this one. Brilliant.

Fokyeah :up:

and also

Video has grown on me alot ever since i first saw it :up:

Shityeah.
DZ|BSP
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby Kevmaster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Frost did it better alone.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby Vax » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Vax
Sexy black guy

Postby MonkeyKingGhost » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:02 pm

MonkeyKingGhost

Postby Neverend » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm

lol vax!
Neverend
The cockpuncher

Postby AikiNick » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Once again, let's not forget this:

AikiNick

Postby Bauzi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Good pick! /votes
Bauzi

Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby Corran » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Why was it decided that collab meant "single song" and MEP was "multi-song"? I don't recall anyone calling for this change to be made in the past. The terms Multi Editor Project and Collaboration do not imply any characteristic other than that multiple people contributed to the video's production.

Now we have two person videos that are billed as collabs in the MEP category, and videos with as many as 46 editors that bill their video as a MEP in the collab category. How are two person collaborations supposed to compete with 46-editor videos...? If we assume that only half of the participants will vote for their own video, that still puts small collabs at a huge vote disadvantage.

(And yes I realize that means the vid I participated would be defined as a MEP under the old rules, but IMO, it is a MEP.)
Corran

Postby mirkosp » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Honestly there is a number of things to take into account to decide whether it is a collab or a mep... while single song surely is not a reliable way to define them, I think it's better than just based on X amount of editors. Imho, it's more related to the concept of identifiable tracks, albeit acid star is a hell-style video, so it becomes a bit more complex to decide whether it's a mep or a collab based on just that.
I'd say that until it's, like, 3/4 people it's 100% collab, then it depends on how the video is made - if it resembles a single video like it could have been made by one person, except with more people's efforts combined, it's a collab, if it's clearly a track-based project, then it's a mep.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Begi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:53 pm

i think most people are overlookin something so simple. a MEP = multi editor project. the fact that multiple songs or multiple sources were used to create a video does not make a video a mep. a mep is strictly a MULTI EDITOR PROJECT...not a multi source project. at the same time a collab is a mep for the reason that more than one person (multiple) created it, so a collaboration being posted in an mep section is perfectly fine.
collab = 2 editos
mep = more than one editor

a collab has a specified amount of editors (2) where mep is an abbreviation for a video created by more than one editor. the fact that multiple songs or sources where used to create a video has nothing to do with it being a mep or collab
Begi

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Begi wrote:i think most people are overlookin something so simple. a MEP = multi editor project. the fact that multiple songs or multiple sources were used to create a video does not make a video a mep. a mep is strictly a MULTI EDITOR PROJECT...not a multi source project. at the same time a collab is a mep for the reason that more than one person (multiple) created it, so a collaboration being posted in an mep section is perfectly fine.
collab = 2 editos

a collab has a specified amount of editors (2) where mep is an abbreviation for a video created by more than one editor. the fact that multiple songs or sources where used to create a video has nothing to do with it being a mep or collab

Except, y'know, for the fact that two categories were created to differentiate between the two in just that way from debate that, IIRC, predate your join date here. Don't let that stop you from soap-boxing though. You clearly know more than the mod and former admin you're responding to.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Begi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Begi wrote:i think most people are overlookin something so simple. a MEP = multi editor project. the fact that multiple songs or multiple sources were used to create a video does not make a video a mep. a mep is strictly a MULTI EDITOR PROJECT...not a multi source project. at the same time a collab is a mep for the reason that more than one person (multiple) created it, so a collaboration being posted in an mep section is perfectly fine.
collab = 2 editos

Except, y'know, for the fact that two categories were created to differentiate between the two in just that way from conversations that, IIRC, predate your join date here. Don't let that stop you from soap-boxing though.

i dont understand wat my join date has anything to do with anything (or wat w.e u said means)...but w.e. i dont think u can say that there are 2 different categories becuz like i said...a collab is infact a mep becuz it contains more than one editor (and everyone can come to agree with that) BUT a mep is not ALWAYS a collab. one term just specifies more than the other.
Begi

Postby Begi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 am

Begi

Postby dreamawake » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Corran wrote:Why was it decided that collab meant "single song" and MEP was "multi-song"? I don't recall anyone calling for this change to be made in the past. The terms Multi Editor Project and Collaboration do not imply any characteristic other than that multiple people contributed to the video's production.

Now we have two person videos that are billed as collabs in the MEP category, and videos with as many as 46 editors that bill their video as a MEP in the collab category. How are two person collaborations supposed to compete with 46-editor videos...? If we assume that only half of the participants will vote for their own video, that still puts small collabs at a huge vote disadvantage.

(And yes I realize that means the vid I participated would be defined as a MEP under the old rules, but IMO, it is a MEP.)

100% agree.
DZ|BSP
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards