Snow Leopard Breaks and Fixes

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Snow Leopard Breaks and Fixes

Post by Kionon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Crossover - Works, but it is slower to start AMVapp programs, and you might need to try to start a given program more than once before it appears. Annoying, but I will keep you updated on whether later versions or experimental builds solve this problem.

Avidemux - If you have a MacOS build prior to 2.4.4, please update. Snow Leopard will break earlier versions. In addition, Surfer has started work on a MacOS build of 2.5.0, but it only runs on Leopard at the moment.

Quicktime X - No longer seems to recognise mkv files, but Perian is running correctly, far as I know. Using other programs that access Quicktime components seem to be able to open mkvs just fine.

So far, Final Cut, Premiere CS3, and Photoshop CS3 seem to work fine.

I now designate this the official, "Goddammit, Snow Leopard broke my [Enter Program Here]" thread. Please put all queries of that nature in this thread.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

pemberly
Org Profile

Re: Snow Leopard Breaks and Fixes

Post by pemberly » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 pm

I have Snow Leopard and have been converting mkv files to HD Prores MOV files straight from MPEG Streamclip, no problems. I have the perian codec installed, and whatever codecs come with Final Cut.

As for what's not working—I'm having problems with my various external hard drives showing up as an icon on the desktop (though they do show up in the Finder, etc). I'm not entirely enamored with Quicktime X, so I chose the option to have QT 7 installed as well.

Return to “Mac Software”