New Final Cut Studio

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
gotenks794
Org Profile

Re: New Final Cut Studio

Post by gotenks794 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 pm

PaperIsland wrote:If we're talking about student discounts, you can get Avid (for the Mac or PC) at an unreal student discount:

http://www.journeyed.com/item/Avid/Medi ... /100960590

Cut from $2,500 to $300.

...That said, I edit on Final Cut right now.
Whoa. What does that get you though? What exactly is Avid Media Composer? (I know very little about Avid, if that's not apparent.)
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

PaperIsland
Org Profile

Post by PaperIsland » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Avid is the most popular editing software among high-end editors / film studios. Some big names use Final Cut now, but that's more of the exception that proves the rule. It's got a fairly steep learning curve... so I wouldn't go for it unless you plan on being a professional editor.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:58 pm

I think the only reason we learn Avid in my film college is because it's the widest spread editing software in the proffessional world. If my teachers would have the choice I bet they would take Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro instead of Avid.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:25 pm

It a depends on what you start with. When I began my editing career in the late nineties, the TV station I worked for at Premiere 5. And so a decade later, even on Mac, I am still using premiere. I can use Final Cut, but I don't like it. And as for Avid, my attempts to learn it were... lazy at best.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Mac Software”