Can't save to .mov, Large file size.

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.

Postby KitkatMoofin » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 am

But that's not the problem, I'm not worried about the episodes, and it creates cache which is HUGE. I only have like 7GB left on this, outta' like 30GB (it's old.. I've had it since I was like 8 or something..) Also, one episode isn't really very good.. The anime I'm working with has like 95 episodes, and I like certain episodes, which is mainly around 40 episodes, I wouldn't be able to import them due to lack of space, and it would take like 5 days. I don't even spent that much time here, and to have access to this PC. This is why I would like clips, since atm I'm using high quality .gif's, and I'm totally against .gif's in videos, so it goes against everything I say about them. Can you see my point why I like clips instead episodes now? If no one can answer why the files are so big, like Hikaru asked in the first place, within today, then thanks anyway, 'cause I won't have any access after today.
KitkatMoofin

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:59 am

The clips are that big because of the compression settings used and some combination of the bitrate requirements of the video and the bitrate requirements of the audio. Remember, video isn't all the same - if whatever you're using to save clips is working with "constant quality" instead of "constant size" you're going to have bigger clips if your footage has lots of motion, lots of color, lots of detail, etc. - Alternatively, if you get the things to save as a constant size, they'll look absolutely horrible when they're done because their requirements were so much higher than what you allowed them to be.

I'd honestly take a break if your computer situation is that bad - you're not going to be able to produce anything approaching quality if you don't have extreme patience.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby KitkatMoofin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 am

Thanks for the advice, but I've worked it out for myself. I'm just gunna' use my own computer make clips, upload them to a site, then download them when I need them. It's only Hikaru's problem with the file, my files are small. I don't usually use macs if you saw what I said before, I just happen to be sometimes. Most of the time I just use Sony Vegas Pro 8.0. Thanks anyhow.
KitkatMoofin

Previous

Return to Mac Software