MAJOR sync problem in iMovie 4

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Inkwolf
Org Profile

MAJOR sync problem in iMovie 4

Post by Inkwolf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:40 am

When I word with individual clips, they are synchronized to the music, and even if I select a large group of clips they're okay.

But if I play the whole video through, the whole thing falls apart. The video plays faster than the audio, so by the end of the 1.5 minutes I have completed, the video is short by about a second. It doesn't seem to be an even loss, either--some clips seem to take fa shorter than they ought to, while other (even some after the short clips) are right on the beat.

The quicktime reference movie for the video also plays at the screwed-up rate. Most of my clips were from the same source file, too--DVs at 29.97 fps, made with the same convertor and clip-cutting software.

Any ideas what's wrng and how to fix it? (Besides sticking in extraneous footage? That's my only workaround so far, and it makes it difficult to plan the film.)

Inkwolf
Org Profile

Post by Inkwolf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:15 pm

Well, I managed a workaround...exported the video in smaller, relatively-accurate chunks, took out the sound, and regrouped it under a new project. It only needed a little tweaking to get it normal again. Maybe the excess of exra clip footage was bogging it down....I had a lot of tiny scenes from longer clips.

If anyone has any advice or enlightenment for the future, though, I'd be glad to hear it.

Return to “Mac Software”