Final Cut Studio 2

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.

Final Cut Studio 2

Postby dokool » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:30 pm

http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio

-Motion now supports 3D
-New software for color-correction
-Final Cut Pro gets "Open Timeline", which will accept multiple formats <i>and frame rates</i>.


I haven't really had the chance to edit on FCP much beyond my most recent AMV, but this is some exciting shit. Surely the other 3 or 4 people using FCP here will agree :P
User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Final Cut Studio 2

Postby Shazzy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:43 pm

dokool wrote:-Final Cut Pro gets "Open Timeline", which will accept multiple formats <i>and frame rates</i>.


How on earth is it going to handle that on export..
User avatar
Shazzy
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Location: The Universe

Postby Brad » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:10 am

I've been using FCP in all of my video classes. As far as it's logging/bin setup, it works wonders if you're editing an original film. But as far as a raw editing program....... I'm not impressed :| ....
Image
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
User avatar
Brad
 
Joined: 20 Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Shazzy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:43 am

AtomX wrote:I've been using FCP in all of my video classes. As far as it's logging/bin setup, it works wonders if you're editing an original film. But as far as a raw editing program....... I'm not impressed :| ....


Really? Works pretty much like a more intuitive Premiere IMO. What are you comparing to?
User avatar
Shazzy
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Location: The Universe

Postby Brad » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:12 am

Premiere. I'm sure it has more to do with how much I'm used to Premiere vs. how much I'm used to FCP (been using Premiere for 8 years, been using FCP for a month). But, how FCP handles certain things (like clip placement, clip adjustment, etc.) seems much more suitable for editing a film. I can't imagine ever editing a music video in it...
Image
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
User avatar
Brad
 
Joined: 20 Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby JudgeHolden » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 am

AtomX wrote:Premiere. I'm sure it has more to do with how much I'm used to Premiere vs. how much I'm used to FCP (been using Premiere for 8 years, been using FCP for a month). But, how FCP handles certain things (like clip placement, clip adjustment, etc.) seems much more suitable for editing a film. I can't imagine ever editing a music video in it...


:shock: I do it all da time ...

yep, I'll get FCP2 when I get a new mac ..... so when it's FCP 2.9? :P
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JudgeHolden
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Status: Looking at you through your window!

Postby Minion » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:58 am

hasn't motion 2 already been out for awile, included with the full package?
i'm almost certain it has.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
User avatar
Minion
 
Joined: 22 May 2004
Location: orlando

Postby dokool » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 am

Minion wrote:hasn't motion 2 already been out for awile, included with the full package?
i'm almost certain it has.


Yes, it has. I should know, I used it for my new vid ;-) The version included in Studio 2 is Motion 3.
User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Pwolf » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:11 am

AtomX wrote:Premiere. I'm sure it has more to do with how much I'm used to Premiere vs. how much I'm used to FCP (been using Premiere for 8 years, been using FCP for a month). But, how FCP handles certain things (like clip placement, clip adjustment, etc.) seems much more suitable for editing a film. I can't imagine ever editing a music video in it...


i completely agree. for me, Premiere can do the fine tuning more efficiently and quickly. I ended up doing a music video for my FCP editing class and i could've finished it a lot faster in Premiere. It's a nice program, and if i had it, id use it for a short film or something of that nature, but for MVs, i'll stick with what i have.


Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Postby JudgeHolden » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:39 am

Oh, wait .... it looks like I can just upgrade ... very interesting ....... :shock:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JudgeHolden
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Status: Looking at you through your window!


Return to Mac Software

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests