Square One- FCE

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Hae
Org Profile

Square One- FCE

Post by Hae » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 pm

...i'm..sorry. T.T i think i've dug my own grave and buried myself before i even drank the poison. (too much?)

--my point, i've been using WMM-1 for a looong time. you may view my videos as proof. i think i stretched the poor program to it's limits whereas i decided to finally get a better program beause i want to make AMV's for a long time.
result: i buy finalcut express.
i know i know, you're saying "well that's idiotic" but i thought: well i have to start somewhere right?
i watched the tutorial, i read reviews, other tutorials and i still don't know how to get the thing to just split a darn clip! T.T
and iMovie does no justice for me because (1) it doesn't accept wmv files
(2) i don't know how to split clips there either.

i was wondering if anyone can give me some solid explanation on splitting clips and rendering. i don't even know what rendering is. i thought that was only for gfx stuff like making sigs on adobe photoshop.
--anyway. just some info to get me started, i think if i can understand splitting clips and renders, i'll try to learn the rest on my own. (with tutorials and such of course)

and..i probably sound obnoxious about the whole thing. i apoligize. i don't think that, if i just know a few facts on a good prgram, then i'll be a great amv maker--no. i just don't want to ask for much. just the basics. that's all.

ps. probably the only other reason i bought FCE is because there was a great deal on it and, well i couldn't pass that by. i'm not made of money.
Tumblr. Cheers.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm

You shoulda just gone with good 'ol vegas man. Specially for "Starting somewhere"

Hae
Org Profile

Post by Hae » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:08 pm

actually i'm looking into that right now. if you think it's the best way to go, i can try to get it.
Tumblr. Cheers.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Vegas is very easy to learn and stuff. So yah. I Could prolly help you with your current program (the one this topic is about). do you have an MSN? if you do PM me your email so i can add you

Return to “Mac Software”