Flip4Mac watermark

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
BakaNeko123
Org Profile

Flip4Mac watermark

Post by BakaNeko123 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:56 pm

Is there any way to remove this watermark other than forking over $20 to upgrade my Flip4Mac program? No matter what I do I can't fix it and even my fansubs won't work anymore. Or should I try to download a new set of raws altogether?

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 pm

The only way to get that removed is to pay the 20 bucks for the program and get a serial.
Thats the only way to disable it.
No matter what raws you have that will still be there until the program is registered.
You might be able to remove it with a virtualdub filter but that will probably leave a noticeable effect on the video.

Also make sure you encode your clips in a codec like Huffy or Lagarith
Raws are usually encoded with Divx or Xvid and those codecs don't work well with editing software.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Um, Huffyuv and Lagarith won't work in iMovie.

What are you using Flip4Mac FOR anyway? The only thing I use it for is playing WMVs in QuickTime player.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

elvirasweeney
Org Profile

Post by elvirasweeney » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't import WMV files into iMovie or Final Cut.

Sometimes it might be necessary to convert an WMV clip to a DV file or something. In which case, yes, buying the Flip4Mac plug-in is required. I wish I had bought Popwire when it was available (it's been bought out by Flip4Mac). I like it better.

BakaNeko123
Org Profile

Post by BakaNeko123 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:58 am

Shazzy wrote:What are you using Flip4Mac FOR anyway? The only thing I use it for is playing WMVs in QuickTime player.
I use if for playing WMVs too, but thats why I don't get why its there. The raws I used weren't wmv, they were avi. This is the file name: [l33t-raws]Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club_01_(640x480_WMV9).[2D1555E2].avi
I'm guessing that its having WMV in the name has something to do with it, but still, I wouldn't think that it would affect anything else.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:33 pm

BakaNeko123 wrote:
Shazzy wrote:What are you using Flip4Mac FOR anyway? The only thing I use it for is playing WMVs in QuickTime player.
I use if for playing WMVs too, but thats why I don't get why its there. The raws I used weren't wmv, they were avi. This is the file name: [l33t-raws]Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club_01_(640x480_WMV9).[2D1555E2].avi
I'm guessing that its having WMV in the name has something to do with it, but still, I wouldn't think that it would affect anything else.
Convert it with MPEG Streamclip instead of whatever you were using.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

BakaNeko123
Org Profile

Post by BakaNeko123 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 am

Shazzy wrote:
BakaNeko123 wrote:
Convert it with MPEG Streamclip instead of whatever you were using.
That's the thing, I hadn't converted it at all! I used the raws as they were downloaded and thats how they were. And the MPEG Streamclip didn't change anything. Without Flip4Mac, it's just a white screen like with everything else and with it it still has the logo.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:07 am

BakaNeko123 wrote:I'm guessing that its having WMV in the name has something to do with it...
It has quite a lot to do with it. Although the video is in an AVI file (AVI is just a container), it is encoded with the WMV9 codec. Which means that essentially, it is a WMV file for playback and editing purposes and you'll need Flip4Mac.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Yes, that is WMV9 in an AVI shell .....

Return to “Mac Software”