Rookie of the Year

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re: Rookie of the Year

Post by LittleAtari » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:15 am

Is it really that big of a deal if it is slightly off and you guys perhaps made a beta or something on the tube? It's not like what happened with Whisper of the Beast at the VCAs a while back when people thought it was a 'first video'. That's like saying someone who acted in a school play and is now acting in their first hollywood movie is a professional. In my opinion, you guys are still rookies. You guys premiered yourselves in 2008. Either way, it's up to you guys if you really want to come forward and say that you aren't rookies, even though you guys really are new editors.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 am

But the org cannot filter YT uploads or uncatalogued stuff that so it is a catch 22. But I'm not asking that. How do the entrants get filtered? Since my idea of rookie of the year is someone who joined the site in the last year, not someone who's been on the site since 2001 and just released a video last year. Kinda like a guy who gets signed to a NFL contract, but does not play a game until his 3rd season. His "rookie" year was spent on the bench but that was still his rookie year.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:34 am

I agree with Vax and thankyou Vivaldi, glad your being so truthfull (and nya, if you didn't bring it up many of us wouldn't have known o.0 but thankyou for being truthful!)

Vax, you better be clean though lol we don't need some 'performance enhancers' or some other controversy here though lol. I do hope another rookie surfaces though as it may be looking rather barren if not lol. Perhaps that just proves just how popular our hobby here has become lol.

I feel bad about Vivaldi, Nya and the like... it's not like they ever had the chance to be rookies than! Kinda like me and the rest of the pioneers that started editing befor the vcas came into existance =/ I do think both of your videos do deserve notice though.

(and to the two that just posted. It's drama and I think it'd be best if we kept out of it... maybe a mod should intervene)
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 am

Krisqo wrote:But the org cannot filter YT uploads or uncatalogued stuff that so it is a catch 22. But I'm not asking that. How do the entrants get filtered? Since my idea of rookie of the year is someone who joined the site in the last year, not someone who's been on the site since 2001 and just released a video last year. Kinda like a guy who gets signed to a NFL contract, but does not play a game until his 3rd season. His "rookie" year was spent on the bench but that was still his rookie year.
I don't know about the nfl, but there's a minimum amount of ab's (at bats or (home) plate appearances) in the mlb or innings (pitched) if your a pitcher. but this is why I believe a mod should intercede.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 am

My take? You're a lurker or a poster or a blogger until you upload your first vid (the main purpose of the site). Then, you're a rookie as far as the site is concerned and in whatever year that upload occured, that's the year you qualify as a rookie.

If just being a member of the site was rookie eligibility, there would be thousands. And I think that defeats the point.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 am

that makes sense, but how about making something previously and just not uploading it to the org until your skills have matured. :twisted: If I was going to take over the world (of the .org) I would do it this way...

actually I would probably make 1000 different accounts and just op all my vids with perfect 10's but this is an excellent way as well
Last edited by Knowname on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 am

Knowname wrote:that makes sense, but how about making something previously and just not uploading it to the org until your skills have matured. :twisted: If I was going to take over the world (of the .org) I would do it this way...
Actually, that's totally the case. I made a vid in '06, but it sucked so much that I stopped editing till May '08. I haven't showed it to anyone. But then I entered it in the last November into the catalogue, because I just want my collection to be complete.

Now, how does this count? By the year I joined, I made first vid, I submitted first vid, I first met godix...? :awesome:

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 am

you do know I'm totally playing around with all this right lol. But don't worry, as was illuded to, we had something like this before, just waiting on a mod to stop by... maybe I should alert one.

who's your favorite mod??

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:07 am

Knowname wrote:you do know I'm totally playing around with all this right lol. But don't worry, as was illuded to, we had something like this before, just waiting on a mod to stop by... maybe I should alert one.

who's your favorite mod??
I love all mods!

~a lesson of rectal mountaineering~

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:31 am

Knowname wrote:that makes sense, but how about making something previously and just not uploading it to the org until your skills have matured. :twisted: If I was going to take over the world (of the .org) I would do it this way...

actually I would probably make 1000 different accounts and just op all my vids with perfect 10's but this is an excellent way as well
Regardless, you're still a rookie in relation to your vids and the org. At least, according to my interpretation---which may not be the correct one.

Return to “2009 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”