Best Multi-Editor Project

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Best Multi-Editor Project

Post by dreamawake » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Category Description wrote:In a multi-editor project (MEP), editors divide and edit distinct "tracks", which are then joined by transitions and compiled into one long AMV. A MEP generally has a theme that features a specific artist, genre, or style of editing. (NOTE: there is a separate category for Best Collaborative Video, which is a regular video made by more than one editor.)
[/quote]

I think that's the real story. |:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 pm

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Project Gateway is mysteriously absent from this thread.

You tools.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 pm

ArashinomeAMV wrote:
Category Description wrote:In a multi-editor project (MEP), editors divide and edit distinct "tracks", which are then joined by transitions and compiled into one long AMV. A MEP generally has a theme that features a specific artist, genre, or style of editing. (NOTE: there is a separate category for Best Collaborative Video, which is a regular video made by more than one editor.)
I think that's the real story. |:[/quote]
It has distinct tracks (individual videos), which are joined by transitions and compiled into a long AMV. It also has a theme :awesome:

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:04 pm

LittleAtari wrote:
I've been waiting to nominate this video.

x2

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:02 am

Prodigi wrote:I think the real story here is that everyone knows it would win, so anyone else who was in a MEP is scrambling for reasons why it shouldn't be entered :ying:
I didn't participate in any meps last year, but I am coordinating one this year, so I do have a couple of things to say about this:

As original and amazing "A Little Retrospect" is as a history of amvs, it is not a mep because it was not constructed as a mep. A lot of planning and effort goes into a mep. So many people are physically working together, betaing each other's tracks, and bouncing ideas off of each other. There's also the drama that accompanies every mep. People get much closer together and become friends in MEPs. Some get alienated from each other. That video didn't go through any of that when being made. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate and love the AMV and I remember giving it straight 10s in an OP. I know a lot of effort went into it but I just dont think it qualifies as a mep.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:12 am

LittleAtari wrote:
Prodigi wrote:I think the real story here is that everyone knows it would win, so anyone else who was in a MEP is scrambling for reasons why it shouldn't be entered :ying:
I didn't participate in any meps last year, but I am coordinating one this year, so I do have a couple of things to say about this:

As original and amazing "A Little Retrospect" is as a history of amvs, it is not a mep because it was not constructed as a mep. A lot of planning and effort goes into a mep. So many people are physically working together, betaing each other's tracks, and bouncing ideas off of each other. There's also the drama that accompanies every mep. People get much closer together and become friends in MEPs. Some get alienated from each other. That video didn't go through any of that when being made. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate and love the AMV and I remember giving it straight 10s in an OP. I know a lot of effort went into it but I just dont think it qualifies as a mep.
Hey now, we all worked on that MEP for ten whole years, through drama and abandonment and beta-testing and friendships!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 am

x2

there was that sweet eurodance mep though. Meh, too lazy to look up name.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “2009 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”