New vid needs a review. Give me an op, I'll give one to you

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

New vid needs a review. Give me an op, I'll give one to you

Post by BishounenStalker » Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:48 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=13641

There's the link. Again, as with my first video, ths one's hosted at FilePlanet. To make a long spiel short, it's sticky. You need to sign up for a GameSpy account (takes 5 minutes and totally free), then wait in line to download from the public FTP server (unless you're subscriber. Then you have access to the uber-fast private servers). My advice is to wait until early morning or late at night when the public servers aren't so busy.

As for what I'll take:

1) No Linkin Park
2) I WILL take DBZ, provided it's a) not your first vid, and b) not done to rock or nu-metal
3)Absolutely NO RealMedia
4) If your vid is a DivX, my review may take a while. I'd have to download it on a 56K since I can't install DivX on the campus labs and my laptop isn't equipped with a zip drive. And we all know how long a 56K download can take.

P.S. -- If you don't want to fuss with FilePlanet, you can catch me on campus on AIM during the week anywhere between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (screename: ShinraStalker) If I'm not online, I'm in class. I run Trillian off of a Zip disk on campus, so I can serve you the video through a nice fat T1 line.

If I'm online before or after the aforementioned hours, I'm home on my crappy 56K, and unless you've got the patience to put up with a 9+ hour download, I woudn't try it (FilePlanet doesn't even take that long on a bad day).

Happy downloading! And serve me up some videos!

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:12 am

Downloading as we speak, that whole gamespy thing actually worked out better than I thought it would ^_^

anyway, you can do either of the following:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=10099

- or -

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=10416
take your pick.
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:56 am

Errr, sorry dude, this vid is jacked for sure. :shock:
I cant get it to play the video no matter what I do. Even in virtual dub I was only able to get one frame for some reason... Its DivX 5, and I have the codec and all, there is no error, but all the frames are black for some reason. Have you had any problems like this to date?
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Odd

Post by BishounenStalker » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:01 am

I dunno, it works fine on my computer (even though DivX runs incredibly slow on my system 'cause it's over two years old). It works even in Windows Media Player on my system, and I even sent it to a friend via IM and it worked on his.

Might seem like a really stupid question, but did you unzip the file? FilePlanet serves almost all of its files zipped. If you want a real acid test, I'm online at school right now. Try contacting me through AIM. Screename: ShinraStalker.

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Just downloaded it

Post by BishounenStalker » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:48 am

It's got to be your system. I just downloaded the file myself from FilePlanet here at school and used the DivX player I installed on my Zip disk (though it won't play sound. But that's because I can't install it properly due to the campus' clearance system). The actual video plays fine, though, even on these stupid campus computers.

melezov
Org Profile

Hello there

Post by melezov » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:33 am

I just wanted to inform you that this GameSpy isn't working perfectly for anyone.. :(

I've just spent and I quote "74" minutes waiting to begin the download (well, I did download some other stuff whilst waiting, but that's not the point :) only to discover that the box said "you may now close the window" afterwards.

Oh, great - I though, thinking that the AMV has already downloaded.. so i rushed to my downloads folder to find a 640 byte .zip file with this inside..

<script>

window.document.location = 'http://xferva1.fileplanet.com/ftp1/0120 ... clientid=0';

</script>

Oh well.. perheaps if I twiddled a bit more something constructive would show up.

Anyway - I'm trying to download the AMV again and when I do I'll make sure to leave some feedback in the opinions/reviews section.

Byee

Return to “Works in Progress”