Techno AMVs

This forum is for people who want to give and receive feedback on videos listed in the catalog, and for getting feedback on beta videos.
Forum rules
  • All videos posted in this forum, except for works in progress (WIP), must have a corresponding entry in the a-m-v.org database
  • Keep in mind that this is for Opinion Exchange. If you make a topic asking for an opinion, please offer an opinion in return
  • Giving out free opinions is always encouraged
  • When starting a new topic, please put 1:1, 2:1, etc... or WIP somewhere in the title
    • For example, 2:1 means "I will give you 2 opinions for every 1 you give me"

Techno AMVs

Postby otakuscotty » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:38 pm

Since this is the opininon exchage section i would like your oppinion on the best or coolest Techno music AMVs.---->in exchange for my eternal gratitude. There isn't a way to search for an anime by genre of music and i just happen to stumble upon a couple of very good techno type amvs and i'd like to watch more, so if you could refer me to some of the ones out there i'd be very appreciative. Muchas Arigato
spPANDAforpresedentofUSA2004.org
otakuscotty

Re: Techno AMVs

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:50 pm

otakuscotty wrote:Since this is the opininon exchage section i would like your oppinion on the best or coolest Techno music AMVs.---->in exchange for my eternal gratitude. There isn't a way to search for an anime by genre of music and i just happen to stumble upon a couple of very good techno type amvs and i'd like to watch more, so if you could refer me to some of the ones out there i'd be very appreciative. Muchas Arigato

Anything DDR related will work. ^_^
mexicanjunior

Postby TobinHood » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:41 pm

*agrees with MJ*
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.
TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby Wonka » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:56 pm

*loves emotes*
Wonka

Postby otakuscotty » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:25 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:Anything DDR related will work.

What is DDR? Can someone fill me in with the specifics? and does any body have the names of specific titles of techno amvs that are musts to have?
Thanks again
otakuscotty

Postby KLin » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:46 am

When using the search, try searching for dance category videos.

Here's a couple of techno-action videos I would recommend though:

Para Para Goddess (Ah! My Goddess set to Para Para Sakura)
Butterfly (Rurouni Kenshin set to smile.DK's butterfly)
Moonlight Vengeance -Feel the Rhythm (Inu Yasha set to a remix of Moonlight Shadow)
future girls (Sailor Moon set to smile.DK's future girls)

And I just finished my first one. Although, a new version is going up later today:

Advanced Police of Truth (A.D. Police TV - To Protect and Serve set to two different versions of Truth ~A Great Detective of Love~ by Two-Mix)
KLin

Postby OmniStrata » Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:21 am

Thanks KLin...

^_^

Just go to Dance Category top 10% or just type in "Dance" as the genre.

That should help a bit.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby VegettoEX » Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:05 pm

Forgive me, as I'm *very* ignorant when it comes to the large genre of techno... There are a few videos that I enjoy, but I guess they're not all pure "techno." I tend to group "tencho" and "dance" as part of the same LARGER genre.

These aren't posted in any order... pasting as I think of them:

Meri - Adolescence of Utena - "Liberation of Memories Past"
Ian van Dahl, Castles in the Sky
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=6613

ErMaC - Evangelion (TV, Movies) - "Soul of an Angel"
The Space Brothers, Shine
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=1781

LoopyChew - Rurouni Kenshin - "Butterfly"
Smile.dk, Butterfly
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=6448

aokakesu - Various - "Odorikuruu"
Elissa, Mamboleo
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=912

jbone - Big O - "Renegade Megadeus"
Wildchild, Renegade Master (Fatboy Slim Old Skool Edit)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=5542

Of course, ANYTHING in either the 1st DDR Project (3rd Mix) and the upcoming 2nd DDR Project (2nd mix) is technically "dance" music, I suppose (and most of the stuff in the 2nd mix project is looking grrreat-o!).
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] - [| AnimeNEXT AMV Contest Coordinator |] ::
:: [| Daizenshuu EX (website/podcast) |] - [| AMV Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon |] ::
VegettoEX

Postby Beef » Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:38 pm

My latest video was techno, check my proifle, the link is down in my sig.
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>
Beef

Postby CArnesen » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:58 pm

otakuscotty wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:Anything DDR related will work.

What is DDR? Can someone fill me in with the specifics? and does any body have the names of specific titles of techno amvs that are musts to have?
Thanks again

DDR? Well, it's this little known game that more and more people are getting addicted to every day! Dance Dance REVOLUTION!

Usually found at anime conventions or your local arcade...

--Chris ^^
CArnesen

Postby otakuscotty » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:33 am

ooooohhhh... Muchas Arigato everyone!! Huggles to the ladys and high fives to the guys! Now i've been dircted accordinly i can dance the funky chicken to some good 'ol hip grinding thumpin. oooohhhyeeeaaahhhh!
spPANDAforpresedentofUSA2004.org
otakuscotty

Postby UncleMilo » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:48 am

Try my "Outsider" video

It is a Lain AMV done to Chumbawamba's "Outsider"

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.
UncleMilo

Postby SarahtheBoring » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:49 pm

< shameless plug >

The video I have up right now, although it's not spectacular (it's my first video, redone a bit), is ...what d'you call it. Trip-hop, I guess. Which is under the same general food group. ;)

So if you have some extra time you may want to check that out.

< / shameless plug >
SarahtheBoring

Postby ErMaC » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:15 am

OK VegettoEX already made a disclaimer that he doesn't know much about techno so I'll forgive him.

However several of you need to know that just because something is "techno" doesn't mean "electronic". There are plenty of electronic music genres (too many in fact) and Techno is only one of them, and it's not the largest, not by a long shot. Trance, House, and to some extent Drum & Bass have it beaten out by a large margin.

Techno itself is an offshoot of house music. A good bit about it can be found here.

There's a good breakdown of various musical genres over at Wikipedia and if you would like to familiarize yourself with them I'd recommend giving it a read.

hmmm I notice they don't have a definition for 2Step yet... Maybe I should go do some reason on that as I really dig 2Step.
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG

Postby Pie Row Maniac » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:33 am

The Great Wang's Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust vid to Fatboy Slim's Right Here, Right Now is pretty nice, considering he chopped the song in half. :P

Speaking of Right Here Right Now, call me a n00b but I totally love Aaron's DBZ Right Here Right Now vid. Of all the random-clip, non-plot, varied-quality DBZ vids out there, this one reigns over all of them. :wink:
Have a beta? Want some positive criticism? Message me!
Pie Row Maniac

Next

Return to Opinion Exchange