newbie on the block

This forum is for people who want to give and receive feedback on videos listed in the catalog, and for getting feedback on beta videos.
Forum rules
  • All videos posted in this forum, except for works in progress (WIP), must have a corresponding entry in the a-m-v.org database
  • Keep in mind that this is for Opinion Exchange. If you make a topic asking for an opinion, please offer an opinion in return
  • Giving out free opinions is always encouraged
  • When starting a new topic, please put 1:1, 2:1, etc... or WIP somewhere in the title
    • For example, 2:1 means "I will give you 2 opinions for every 1 you give me"

newbie on the block

Postby Samir » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:13 pm

Yesterday A friend played the AMV... can't remember the title but the sound track was Ramstien (sp) and today I down loaded the Gundam AMV... it rocks (not as much as the ramstien one but this AMV thing is very cool!

My question is... are these vid's played anywhere else besides the internet? Like MTV or VH1?

has any of the designers if the anime ever commented about the AMV's done on their work?

I will be downloading and eventually burning to CD these AMV. I think they are way better then any regular Music video I have seen to date.

Thanks
skp@chisp.net
Samir

Postby RyanGlazner » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:16 pm

I'm not aware of any non-internet showings of AMVs except at cons... At least none on public TV...
RyanGlazner

Postby turboneko » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:51 pm

My question is... are these vid's played anywhere else besides the internet? Like MTV or VH1?

Nope... AMVs are only played at Cons or, maybe, by some otaku at some anime club :P

has any of the designers if the anime ever commented about the AMV's done on their work?

Not in my knowledge... and we actually don't want them too much interested: this whole AMV thingy is quite "illegal" ^_^;

So welcome to this wonderful world... and one last thing: this forum is to ask and exchange opinions about videos: for a general topic like yours I would suggest to post into te General AMV next time ;)
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
turboneko

Return to Opinion Exchange