Looking for pointers

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Dbar
Org Profile

Looking for pointers

Post by Dbar » Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 am

So recently i finished a soul eater video that, at the time, i was going to enter into a contest at tekko 2015. It wasn't done and I shelved it until i showed it to a panelist, I believe his name was Brian, at the AMV contest and that got me to go on and finish it. So I was looking for other editors to give me pointers and critique my amv so i can improve on future videos

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Looking for pointers

Post by seasons » Sun May 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Dbar wrote:So recently i finished a soul eater video that, at the time, i was going to enter into a contest at tekko 2015. It wasn't done and I shelved it until i showed it to a panelist, I believe his name was Brian, at the AMV contest and that got me to go on and finish it. So I was looking for other editors to give me pointers and critique my amv so i can improve on future videos

Before giving any advice, and I don't know if I actally have any to give, I just want to ask a question or two.

Are you happy with how it turned out?

How do you think it could be improved?

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon May 25, 2015 1:10 pm

^This. Imo this is a bit too much focused on the "same" thing, and i loose my interest in it rather quickly. Could use some variety that's maybe more or less related to lyrics. You can try pacing out your cuts as it feels a bit too much inconsistent, flavor it up with some more ideas (eye thingy was pretty cheesy, but its some idea). Overall if your going for simple action amv you are on fairly okay road. If your reaching for something more tho try to brainstorm it , by maybe inspiring yourself with some other stuff.
Still better than that MMO.

Dbar
Org Profile

Post by Dbar » Wed May 27, 2015 4:30 am

seasons wrote:
Dbar wrote:So recently i finished a soul eater video that, at the time, i was going to enter into a contest at tekko 2015. It wasn't done and I shelved it until i showed it to a panelist, I believe his name was Brian, at the AMV contest and that got me to go on and finish it. So I was looking for other editors to give me pointers and critique my amv so i can improve on future videos

Before giving any advice, and I don't know if I actally have any to give, I just want to ask a question or two.

Are you happy with how it turned out?

How do you think it could be improved?

Overall I'm happy with it, besides a couple parts that i thought i could do better. Then it probably would have turned out better if i didn't cut the song then run out of room and then make the chorus go on again

Dbar
Org Profile

Post by Dbar » Wed May 27, 2015 4:37 am

M'o'l wrote:^This. Imo this is a bit too much focused on the "same" thing, and i loose my interest in it rather quickly. Could use some variety that's maybe more or less related to lyrics. You can try pacing out your cuts as it feels a bit too much inconsistent, flavor it up with some more ideas (eye thingy was pretty cheesy, but its some idea). Overall if your going for simple action amv you are on fairly okay road. If your reaching for something more tho try to brainstorm it , by maybe inspiring yourself with some other stuff.
I feel that i limited myself in using the fight that i did and cutting up the song to the point of being repetitive. I wanted to keep it in the realm of fairly simple but a good majority of my amvs seem to be that way and i want to improve that but my creativity has been lacking

Return to “Works in Progress”