Need help Comparing Sending Freedom vs. Fairy Tail...

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Re: Need help Comparing Sending Freedom vs. Fairy Tail...

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:49 pm

In my view "emotional impact" is having the audience or the viewer feel basically what the character is feeling in the video, the pain, laughter, rage / anger, joy, sadness, etc. It's not been just from friends I've heard from. I've gone to contests and talked with audience members that were there and heard what they said about the video.

I do want recognition I'll be up front honest about it, but only if the video deserves it. I want to earn it. I would like the org to be a place where people can come together and help each other out. Like you did here for me. Help me find my way. I lost myself there a little bit. I want to meet new editors and share my experience and help them with the knowledge I have from editing in the past and being a judge at several conventions.

So with all of this, 12 years of it what do I really want?

In the long term this is a hobby. I want to share my amv's and get them out there. I want to create another amv that has an emotional impact and delivers a strong message. Sort of like how aleternatefutures, istiv, Sierra Lorna, Bebop0083, and VicBond007 did when I watched their amv's when I first started. There are many more editors I could list too.

I remember alternatefutures Light of Day amv at Otakon in 2002 and how it inspired me to make my first amv. It was horrible, but it was something I spent time and effort on. I remember pouring my emotions into making it.

I want to meet editors new or old. Offer advice when I am able. Create AMV's.

Tsunami Jones - I want to personally thank you for taking the time out talking with me here. I kind of got wrapped up in the past and lost my way again.

Gene
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Hate to say it, but the opinions and star ratings here on the .org are pretty much dead. You'd be lucky to even get one of each in 2 years without resorting to using this op exchange forum.

I know you've been away for 7 years, but in the years you were active, you should already *know* if your work is good to *you* without the dependency and validation of others.

Yes, getting feedback from others is important in becoming a better editor, but in the end, *YOU* make the final decision on whether your video is good or not. The crowd might think otherwise, but only *your* satisfaction should matter to you.

Constantly needing the validation and approval of other people is only going to slow you down in the long run. Just make things the way you want to make them.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Hate to say it, but the opinions and star ratings here on the .org are pretty much dead. You'd be lucky to even get one of each in 2 years without resorting to using this op exchange forum.

I know you've been away for 7 years, but in the years you were active, you should already *know* if your work is good to *you* without the dependency and validation of others.

Yes, getting feedback from others is important in becoming a better editor, but in the end, *YOU* make the final decision on whether your video is good or not.

Constantly needing the validation and approval of other people is only going to slow you down in the long run. Just make things the way you want to make them.
Hey Castor,

You're right as well. I was getting thrown off by the feedback I was receiving. Not saying I'm going to ignore it all, but have to consider that I have to do what is best for myself. I let the thought of being out-of-date get into my head.

Thanks again.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Gene Starwind 21122 wrote:Good stuff
Thank you for sharing that. And I want to acknowledge you for admitting all of it, sometimes it takes strength.

From now on, I request that you work from a place of knowing what you want. Clarity will only help you, and it will help others if they know exactly what you're looking for. I'll leave with this for tonight - don't try and please everyone, work from your strengths, and what are some other ways you can you achieve what you want?

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Gene Starwind 21122 wrote:Good stuff
Thank you for sharing that. And I want to acknowledge you for admitting all of it, sometimes it takes strength.

From now on, I request that you work from a place of knowing what you want. Clarity will only help you, and it will help others if they know exactly what you're looking for. I'll leave with this for tonight - don't try and please everyone, work from your strengths, and what are some other ways you can you achieve what you want?
Can you explain this to me in salsa dancing terms?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 am

i know feedback from conflicting opinions and multiple people is often confusing, some people will like one thing and other people will hate it but what you need to do is learn to filter through that feedback and find out what comments have the best advice for what you want to achieve with your videos.

Rice
is a terrible mother
Org Profile

Post by Rice » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Image x5

LunciA
Kawaii Weaboo Gamer
Org Profile

Post by LunciA » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Rice wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/34375a5ac9ea ... o1_500.jpg x5
Yooo. He asked for 5 starts ngr. Where r em others? Pfffff do it right at least :awesome:

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Ha ha ha very funny.

This whole thing got mis-interpreted. It did not come across right. Basically I was trying to find out what is missing in the Fairy Tail AMV as far as what entertain people vs. Sending Freedom and how it got better reactions / feedback. I know I did this for a while from 2002-2007. It is now 2014. As I was saying before I'm just not seeing what I am missing in the video, because I am the creator of it. You guys are the audience. You guys see something I don't in my older works. So I figure I could turn for help here in seeing if it could be described.

Some of these posts have been halirous.

I just want to say thank you to those that have helped. I'm just trying to find something I have lost after being gone for some many years.

Please understand this post was not just to have people watch my videos and draw attention. I was trying to improve on my Fairy Tail AMV and get back to where I was in 2007 by comparing them. I couldn't quiet see the difference. I thought this would be the best place to ask.

I know I have made mistakes, and I'm learning from them. As an editor, I want to be there for other editors. We should be supporting each other. This is a hobby, and there should be no reason for bad blood.

Gene

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 pm

You haven't answered the questions. Have people said these good things about the older video RECIENTLY? If not, then that is not a valuable comparison point to be starting from.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Works in Progress”