1:1 My first amv!

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

LinnyWK
Org Profile

1:1 My first amv!

Post by LinnyWK » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:26 am

Hello. I'm new to this site, so this is pretty confusing for me. I think I messed up the catalog entry and everything (you're not supposed to put up the youtube link, are you? Jesus, I even wrote the wrong title thinking about another amv I made two days ago with a buddy).
Well, I started making amvs last week, and someone told me to come to this site for feedback.
Since I messed up my entry in the catalog; I figured I'd just post the youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR09K4JDR-o -If this is not okay, and I need to try and remake an entry please tell me!
This is my very first amv, I used Sony Vegas pro 10, a program to which I'm fairly new to, and it took me about 7/8 hours (which is probably too much for such a clean edit).
Thank you!

surfsama
Org Profile

Re: 1:1 My first amv!

Post by surfsama » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Nice work there. I liked how your screen choices flowed with the music. The video and audio are very clean.
The only nits I can find are between 1:33 and 1:52. The section between 1:33 and 1:52 seemed out of place (IMO). I haven't seen this anime so it could be completely relevant.
The "Hehe 8]" at 1:38 was a little jarring for such a nice flowing AMV. I'm sure there's some meaning behind it but...

Again, nice work!

BTW, I read one of your posters telling you to switch from Vegas to Premier Pro. I would highly recommend you try it out first. I used Vegas and switched to Premier Pro and just like any Adobe product I found it to be very unintuitive with a steep learning curve. Many people like it and are very good at using it but IMO it's overkill for this hobby.

Also, no need to leave an opinion on my AMVs - I haven't done a new one in years.
Hide the Cheese Whiz

Return to “Works in Progress”