1:1 My first amv!

This forum is for people who want to give and receive feedback on videos listed in the catalog, and for getting feedback on beta videos.
Forum rules
  • All videos posted in this forum, except for works in progress (WIP), must have a corresponding entry in the a-m-v.org database
  • Keep in mind that this is for Opinion Exchange. If you make a topic asking for an opinion, please offer an opinion in return
  • Giving out free opinions is always encouraged
  • When starting a new topic, please put 1:1, 2:1, etc... or WIP somewhere in the title
    • For example, 2:1 means "I will give you 2 opinions for every 1 you give me"

1:1 My first amv!

Postby LinnyWK » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:26 am

Hello. I'm new to this site, so this is pretty confusing for me. I think I messed up the catalog entry and everything (you're not supposed to put up the youtube link, are you? Jesus, I even wrote the wrong title thinking about another amv I made two days ago with a buddy).
Well, I started making amvs last week, and someone told me to come to this site for feedback.
Since I messed up my entry in the catalog; I figured I'd just post the youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR09K4JDR-o -If this is not okay, and I need to try and remake an entry please tell me!
This is my very first amv, I used Sony Vegas pro 10, a program to which I'm fairly new to, and it took me about 7/8 hours (which is probably too much for such a clean edit).
Thank you!
LinnyWK

Re: 1:1 My first amv!

Postby surfsama » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Nice work there. I liked how your screen choices flowed with the music. The video and audio are very clean.
The only nits I can find are between 1:33 and 1:52. The section between 1:33 and 1:52 seemed out of place (IMO). I haven't seen this anime so it could be completely relevant.
The "Hehe 8]" at 1:38 was a little jarring for such a nice flowing AMV. I'm sure there's some meaning behind it but...

Again, nice work!

BTW, I read one of your posters telling you to switch from Vegas to Premier Pro. I would highly recommend you try it out first. I used Vegas and switched to Premier Pro and just like any Adobe product I found it to be very unintuitive with a steep learning curve. Many people like it and are very good at using it but IMO it's overkill for this hobby.

Also, no need to leave an opinion on my AMVs - I haven't done a new one in years.
"Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."
surfsama

Return to Opinion Exchange