Opinions 1:1

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

BenRielly
Org Profile

Opinions 1:1

Post by BenRielly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 am

I would much appreciate some opinions on my AMV!

DazedTheory
Org Profile

Re: Opinions 1:1

Post by DazedTheory » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Okay so the first thing that bothered me was the talking characters. It wouldn't have been a big deal normally but it was throughout the whole video which through me off. Second It was really boring for an action AMV, I understand you had a slow song but even so the scenes were a bit too slow during the times your song did speed up. Next the scenes didn't flow well together, next time I think you should consider throwing in some crossfades or transitions so that it's not just one clip cutting to the next. Finally I understand effects don't make the video all the time but in this one it would have helped due to the calmness of the song. I'm sure if you continue as an editor you'll improve. Good Luck!

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=116268
--------------------------
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury

halex1316
Org Profile

Re: Opinions 1:1

Post by halex1316 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:38 pm

I'll have to admit. It as an alright AMV in my eyes. I thought the music added a kind of calm, collected feel to the battle scene, which was really interesting, and I liked it, but one thing in particular seemed to bother me about this one. Because it was an action AMV, and all of the action took place in just one battle (as far as I can tell from the characters in the video), I feel that it should have been edited in chronological order. It seemed that one second, the character has a log in his hand, the next he doesn't, and then it was back in his hands. At certain parts, he was completely bleeding out, then the next, his clothes were washed and his wound sutured. Little things like that should be paid attention to, to add a more realistic and believable flow to the AMV. Good job overall, much to improve on, and I look forward to seeing more work from you :)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=116281

Return to “Works in Progress”