WIP-Durarara AMV- Need advice in lip sync/transitions

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

jokerlinks
Org Profile

WIP-Durarara AMV- Need advice in lip sync/transitions

Post by jokerlinks » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Just recently created this, but it feels really off.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzG3BlV ... lFc2s/edit

Things I need to address:
-I'm currently working on this and readjusting the lip sync and having a hell of a time doing it.

-I also never worked with transitions before and I think I might have over did the dissolve.

-Also that whole Ending starting at 1:17 seems rushed to me.

-Overall Pacing because I might have over trimmed the song, it was at least 4 mins long before it turned into 1:50 and I personally think that I did a bad job cutting it off
https://soundcloud.com/hypercrush/sombo ... ed-to-know

-Anything else cuz I'm a newb and probably overlooked some huge issues.

-Just updated, looks smoother but I'm still kinda concerned about it

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Re: WIP-Durarara AMV- Need advice in lip sync/transitions

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 am

You should create a big impact at around 0:07 by fading another clip and zooming out with it. The timing and flow needs to be improved so try out color correction and don't be afraid to use a bit of Gaussian blur while doing some zooms and transitions. Also, the dissolve looked kind of awkward, try using push or something that looks smooth Try looking at this to help you with lip sync an etc..

I will tell you more with this and be more descriptive with you within the next few days, so hopefully this will help you out for now.
Last edited by Shinzui IT on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Invisibru
Org Profile

Re: WIP-Durarara AMV- Need advice in lip sync/transitions

Post by Invisibru » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 pm

I agree with redflash. At 0.07 try to emphasize it a bit (just try something between a smooth flash,a pan or whatever you think it will fit better in your vid). Also to be honest i didn't like the transitions that were like the one at 0:09-0:10. Last, try to improve the flow a bit(larger fades/crossfades make it a bit smoother). As for the color correction just adjust the curves a bit until you get what you want, although i dont think there is a problem with it being raw(I personally love them).

P.S:Sorry for the late reply

Thats all from me!! :shark:

Return to “Works in Progress”