Need a Judge

This forum is for people who want to give and receive feedback on videos listed in the catalog, and for getting feedback on beta videos.
Forum rules
  • All videos posted in this forum, except for works in progress (WIP), must have a corresponding entry in the a-m-v.org database
  • Keep in mind that this is for Opinion Exchange. If you make a topic asking for an opinion, please offer an opinion in return
  • Giving out free opinions is always encouraged
  • When starting a new topic, please put 1:1, 2:1, etc... or WIP somewhere in the title
    • For example, 2:1 means "I will give you 2 opinions for every 1 you give me"

Need a Judge

Postby Deftones_Psycho » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Hey guys, i need someones opinion on the latest video i have made, i haven;t put it up on a-m-v.org yet because my old computer crashed... how ever i still have it on youtube...
Can anyone take a look and tell me what they think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4E6RxukzTM

:bear:
^_^ i made a poopy ^_^
:bear:
Deftones_Psycho

Re: Need a Judge

Postby Kevmaster » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Hello Deftones_Psycho,

this forum is meant for an opinion exchange on the org. It is not meant to beg for opinions if you do not give anything in return. Usually you agree to write an opinion for another user who will in return, leave his opinion on your video through the org's system (you can look up here on how to use it).

Also check for Threads with "Free Opinions" o.s. These are threads made by generous users who will write you an opinion without getting one in return.

Also, if you cannot upload a video file on here, you can still make a catalog entry and link to the file on the other website you have it hosted on. That way people can still leave you an opinion as told.
However, you will most likely get a lower score in terms of visual and audio-quality and therefore it is highly recommended you don't post links to streaming sites, but rather actual download-links.

Also, please do not post the same topic in different parts of the forum. You can ask a moderator to move your thread into the right spot.

Have fun on the org,
Kevmaster
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Kevmaster wrote:Hello Deftones_Psycho,

this forum is meant for an opinion exchange on the org. It is not meant to beg for opinions if you do not give anything in return. Usually you agree to write an opinion for another user who will in return, leave his opinion on your video through the org's system (you can look up here on how to use it).

Also check for Threads with "Free Opinions" o.s. These are threads made by generous users who will write you an opinion without getting one in return.

Also, if you cannot upload a video file on here, you can still make a catalog entry and link to the file on the other website you have it hosted on. That way people can still leave you an opinion as told.
However, you will most likely get a lower score in terms of visual and audio-quality and therefore it is highly recommended you don't post links to streaming sites, but rather actual download-links.

Also, please do not post the same topic in different parts of the forum. You can ask a moderator to move your thread into the right spot.

Have fun on the org,
Kevmaster

Actually, you're wrong. People bring their betas to this section of the forum all the time.

If people can leave free opinions without asking for any back, why can't the reverse be done also? Also, he's not begging, he's asking for critique like an intelligent person.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Kevmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Actually, you're wrong. People bring their betas to this section of the forum all the time.

If people can leave free opinions without asking for any back, why can't the reverse be done also? Also, he's not begging, he's asking for critique like an intelligent person.

Maybe we have a different interpretation of begging. Of course I have also seen worse, such as "plzz rate my video plz plz". Any kind of asking for feedback without giving anything in return in this part of the forum does come off as some sort of begging to me.
We have the amv announcements, where you you get (free) comments about your video(s). That would (imo) be the right place to post.
This is not a beta video either, but a full video. Also those beta threads usually still offer an exchange.

And do you really actually expect anyone would give out a free opinion for a video posted in a thread like this? There's a much bigger chance if he does as told.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 am

Deftones_Psycho, I'll leave an opinion of your video in exchange on an opinion (just telling me if you liked it or not and where you think it could be improved upon) of a MEP I'm about to release. Sound like a fair deal?
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:Actually, you're wrong. People bring their betas to this section of the forum all the time.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3798/71914694.png

Maybe we have a different interpretation of begging. Of course I have also seen worse, such as "plzz rate my video plz plz". Any kind of asking for feedback without giving anything in return in this part of the forum does come off as some sort of begging to me.
We have the amv announcements, where you you get (free) comments about your video(s). That would (imo) be the right place to post.
This is not a beta video either, but a full video. Also those beta threads usually still offer an exchange.

And do you really actually expect anyone would give out a free opinion for a video posted in a thread like this? There's a much bigger chance if he does as told.

There are plenty of other examples of threads identical to this being put in the Opinion Exchange. While offering an opinion is an easier way to get critique it's not required.
The editor has already stated that they have not uploaded it to the org due to hardware problems. I don't blame him for not wanting to announce it until he has an actual copy to upload. In the meantime, what is wrong with wanting to get advice on his video? Who is to say that he won't go back and alter it before uploading a final version?

Besides, I think we can all agree that the forum is rather outdated, so until Kariudo and the others complete the reorganization, this is the only place to ask for advice/beta testers. And as a mod, I say that this topic is fine.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Return to Opinion Exchange