Would like some options. Summiting AMV to contest.

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Would like some options. Summiting AMV to contest.

Post by hamstar138 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:20 am

((Realized I posted this in the wrong place so posting it in the right place. Sorry for the inconvenience.))

Hey everyone. I have been a member here for a long time and I know I am not the most social butterfly on the forum but I would really appreciate for you all to help me out. I enter in Anime Boston's AMV contest for about 3 years now and I really want to get into the finals and perhaps win. I made this AMV and worked really hard in it. But I am looking for some advice on how to approve the video in some sort of way. Please help with advice I really want to approve with my AMVs so I can do well in contests and do well with making better and better AMVS in the future. Thank you.

LINK TO VIDEO: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=185227

Video Program I Use: Final Cut Express

Computer I Use: Mac Laptop
ImageImage
ImageImage

advent87
Org Profile

Re: Would like some options. Summiting AMV to contest.

Post by advent87 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:20 pm

I have to say that your video is pretty impressive. There were some very cinematic moments in it that really grabbed my attention. Like I said in the opinion I left you just go through the video with a fine toothed comb and if anything strikes you as "hey that doesn't belong there" or something like that then change it. Anime Boston's deadline is about a month away and for what you have you are looking pretty good.

I do have a technical question though. Where did you get the footage and what codec did you use to build your final cut timeline? Cause I did notice some slight visual issues with the video. So I am wondering what is your workflow for capturing, exporting, ect... Also did you and or how did you install the AMVapp to your mac? And if you did what filters or things like that did you use or how did you go about preparing and post processing the video? ( I ask this question cause I want to see your workflow for this process).

I guess my only other piece of advice I have for you is just go for it. Spend sometime making sure that your video is what you want it to be, then walk away for about a week and don't think about it at all. Then come back and watch it again and see if you find any more errors. Then when it gets close to the deadline, prep your video for the contest and just submit. It's as simple as that. And like I said in my opinion of your video, you really are looking good.

If you want me to look at your video again after you go through and see if you find anything that you think is wrong with it feel free to PM me or post something and I will be happy to look at it.

Also I would love to hear your opinion on these two videos as well. Like you I worked really hard on them and I want them to be the best they can be. So any help will be appreciated:

Thanks and I hope I was helpful.

:D :D :D

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:05 am

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 am

AR is a bit off (652x1280 vs 720x1280). You have a bit of blocking/banding from the B/W (you can really see it in the darker shots). The flashes near the beginning have some orphan frames creeping in from the subsequent scenes. I seem to be getting a little bit of an audio glitch near the 0:57 mark and another near 1:55. In general, the footage seems washed out, slightly blurred, and overly compressed. The timing and pacing is damn good though.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Works in Progress”