[WIP] "I Will Not Bow" - Breaking Benjamin / Advent Children

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

DesignFoxx
Org Profile

[WIP] "I Will Not Bow" - Breaking Benjamin / Advent Children

Post by DesignFoxx » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi guys, I'm another newb bringing you another video... it's actually unfinished since my software of choice bugged out on me ¬.¬

It has some glaring and obvious mistakes that I can't fix right now =[ Anyways please give me some feedback, this is only my second vid so it might not be up to par.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIi21SQRTxU

steelbaz
Org Profile

Re: [WIP] "I Will Not Bow" - Breaking Benjamin / Advent Chil

Post by steelbaz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Well...

First you have to get rid of those subtitles, they are a big no no, in AMV's. Second you need to use more scene change-ups, and add more FX to keep it interesting. To be honest the first half of the song is not too interesting imo... You will need to be really creative with this kind of song to hold ones attention. A third point would be when the song completely changes midway through, and the AMV does not keep up with it.

You should probably approach the slower half of the song one way.Then go the complete opposite direction when it changes gears. So remove the subs, add more scene change-ups (shorter scenes), and use more FX (a wider variety).

Wandering Utlaga
Org Profile

Re: [WIP] "I Will Not Bow" - Breaking Benjamin / Advent Chil

Post by Wandering Utlaga » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 pm

A glaring flaw in the video is that you've titled it "I Will Not Bow" but the actual song in question doesn't start until two minutes in. A lot of people won't wait through a two minute intro.

And I agree with Steelbaz that you do not have enough scene change-up.

Return to “Works in Progress”