1:1 First AMV!

This forum is for people who want to give and receive feedback on videos listed in the catalog, and for getting feedback on beta videos.
Forum rules
  • All videos posted in this forum, except for works in progress (WIP), must have a corresponding entry in the a-m-v.org database
  • Keep in mind that this is for Opinion Exchange. If you make a topic asking for an opinion, please offer an opinion in return
  • Giving out free opinions is always encouraged
  • When starting a new topic, please put 1:1, 2:1, etc... or WIP somewhere in the title
    • For example, 2:1 means "I will give you 2 opinions for every 1 you give me"

1:1 First AMV!

Postby EtherealBlu » Tue May 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello, friends! Well, this is the first AMV I've ever made and I must say, I rather like it. However, as an artist I am always looking for ways to improve my skills, so any constructive criticism would be much appreciated. Hope you enjoy it! :)

WARNING! Possible spoilers in the vid! So if you haven't seen Trigun, go watch it first!

Alright, so I noticed there is something wrong with the audio in the preview just in the beginning. o.O Theres this annoying buzzing going on in the opening "credits". It doesn't seem to be in the download, just the preview. Should I ask them to take it down so I can re-upload it?

Last edited by EtherealBlu on Wed May 11, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EtherealBlu

Re: 1:1 First AMV!

Postby Dragon/Roy » Tue May 10, 2011 8:34 pm

there's my vid , and ill leave u some feedback soon :D
Dragon/Roy

Postby Koontzie » Thu May 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Heres my first upload to a-m-v.org

I got a 1 star that I didnt think was very fair...perhaps I should cut the begining if it really matters. Id like some feedback pls.

Ill check yours out!
Koontzie

Postby Koontzie » Thu May 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Nice Song Choice! I liked the lyrics matching some images. Good job. Just noticed a few cuts coulf have been more on beat.

Keep it up :up:
Koontzie

Postby lloyd9988 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 pm

EtherealBlu wrote:Hello, friends! Well, this is the first AMV I've ever made and I must say, I rather like it. However, as an artist I am always looking for ways to improve my skills, so any constructive criticism would be much appreciated. Hope you enjoy it! :)

WARNING! Possible spoilers in the vid! So if you haven't seen Trigun, go watch it first!

Alright, so I noticed there is something wrong with the audio in the preview just in the beginning. o.O Theres this annoying buzzing going on in the opening "credits". It doesn't seem to be in the download, just the preview. Should I ask them to take it down so I can re-upload it?

I really enjoyed the concept that you were trying to portray. Though, it is hard to notice at first, it begins to show later and later in the video. My criticism would have to be to follow the beat more often and add like a "Black Out" effect. Like, when I heard the *boom* *boom* in the video (the Drum beat), I was kinda hoping for a black out effect to follow. You did keep the timing simple but that kinda works as a double edged sword in this video. Also, though the concept that you were trying to portray was becoming a bit clearer by the minute, I kinda felt like it wasn't clear enough or I was just left wondering what happened, if that makes sense. As a first time AMV, I'm impressed, keep up the good work and have fun :up:
~Yo~
lloyd9988

Return to Opinion Exchange