Best Use of Special Effects

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:59 am

Unlimited Rice wrote:Rules are rules. If you don't follow them, accidental/mistake or not, disqualification is the consequence. Your justification on humans before rules does not apply here. In fact, it doesn't apply in almost all cases of any contest/competition/anything similar of the sort. If someone is gonna be disqualified for any reason in regards to breaking the rules. That's how it is. Hard work(or being human) doesn't justify anything if a rule is broken.

They still have until Friday to un-disqualify themselves. I assume the problem can be fixed by transferring the video to one of their accounts(I think this has been done on this site before?) and then the other members are added in collaboration to it. I also assume such a procedure won't be done unless they personally ask of it(?).
this would then place their video in 2008, no?

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:04 am

Unlimited Rice wrote:They still have until Friday to un-disqualify themselves. I assume the problem can be fixed by transferring the video to one of their accounts(I think this has been done on this site before?) and then the other members are added in collaboration to it. I also assume such a procedure won't be done unless they personally ask of it(?).
That would be entirely up to Doki. There is no tool for merging accounts right now, so everything has to be moved manually in a very (I assume) long and tedious process. Doki himself has already done more than he has to for this VCA, so I don't know if he'll have time to get these accounts merged before Saturday.

I am discussing the situation privately with Darius GQ now, so please give the issue a rest here and carry on with the topic of this thread.

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:05 am

Batto! wrote: this would then place their video in 2008, no?
I believe Voices_of_Ryan was able to get his videos transferred to his current account without any effect on the dates. SVS would just have to do the same thing to one of their members and add the usual collab stuff with the other members.

Darkbebe
Org Profile

Post by Darkbebe » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:52 am

Your justification on humans before rules does not apply here. In fact, it doesn't apply in almost all cases of any contest/competition/anything similar of the sort.
But it should. First of all I’m not arguing with the rule itself, I’m saying that if we are humans, not machines, then we must have possibility to see thought things. In this case why the rule have been broken…. One thing is if it was broken on purpose opposite side if it was a mistake. And It would be reasonable to look through the situating and try to understand it, not to act as a computer (If rule broken then DQ;). And that is all I’m asking, to understand the mishap, and to reason with it.

Thank you for your attention!

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:14 am

Lol, I still don't get the sense of that Rule.

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:47 am

Kevmaster wrote:Lol, I still don't get the sense of that Rule.
I think there is a sense, i dont know what because i dont read it a lot and do many things with it. But i think this guys on a-m-v.org have it done in a good way.

And Rules are Rules, and there can be also rules at some Contest which says no violent videos. you can say here also why but it is so and you must take it.
I think we just stop this discussion and go on and nominate some videos.

Here an other good effect video

MorwenLaicoriel
Org Profile

Post by MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm really, really surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:45 pm

Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

wind star
Org Profile