Rookie of the Year

This forum is for the promotion of videos for the 2008 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewer’s Choice Awards. Please be sure to promote other videos in addition to your own. This is a temporary forum and will be removed when the contest is concluded.

Postby Goketsu » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:06 pm

SSJ3 Son Jp wrote:
Goketsu wrote:ScorpionP
SSJ3 Son JP
SF_Phoenix

I don't really think I'm a rookie considering the fact that I've been editing for about 3 yrs. =l Nor Zetzu or scorpionP. If there was an award for best young editor, then Zetzu would fall under that category. ^_^

hmm well in that case I will just nominate u for editor of the year lol
Goketsu

Postby macchinainterna » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:32 pm

ScorpionP's got this category by far.

But I' have to give my vote to FinalResolve.

They only have two videos under their belt, but it's still very impressive work for a rookie!
ImageImage
macchinainterna

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:11 pm

macchinainterna wrote:ScorpionP's got this category by far.

But I' have to give my vote to FinalResolve.

They only have two videos under their belt, but it's still very impressive work for a rookie!

x2 on FinalResolve. I do like a lot his "The Search For 'Others'". :)
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby JaceCam » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I wonder if i can nominate myself tho i don't have a fan base and only have a couple of videos i think mine are kinda sleeper hits. I doubt i'll win but please consider me at least for rookie of the year.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=257857
i dunno maybe my video aren't that good but i keep getting told they are and i think there good enough to rub shoulders with the videos in the competition at least
JaceCam

Dark Horse

Postby Spectral_Spiral » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:14 am

I know what you mean JaceCam, I feel slightly handicapped because I didn't post to the forums on this site that much. But I think nominations allow people to vote multiple times so hopefully we'll at least make to the next round. Maybe if people watch My latest video and then assume the others I did are all just as good :)
Spectral_Spiral

Re: Dark Horse

Postby JaceCam » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:08 am

Spectral_Spiral wrote:I know what you mean JaceCam, I feel slightly handicapped because I didn't post to the forums on this site that much. My latest video and then assume the others I did are all just as good :)

ya its hard for new people to really shine unless they are well known or are popular it seems but i know if i vote i'll be unbiased and look for the best video period.
JaceCam

Postby Neverend » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:01 pm

JaceCam wrote:ya its hard for new people to really shine unless they are well known or are popular it seems but i know if i vote i'll be unbiased and look for the best video period.

Yeah but then on the other hand, if you make awesome amvs you will eventually shine.
Neverend
The cockpuncher

Postby JaceCam » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 am

Neverend wrote:Yeah but then on the other hand, if you make awesome amvs you will eventually shine.

ya but not the year that you go for. and only if its a popular anime. like my gungrave amv people who have seen gungrave say its really awesome cause the song and anime go hand in hand. yet online it barely gets any attention tho my one piece ones get alot of attention its kinda like a popular anime contest in a way online thats they way i see it but i don't care i still love my gungrave
JaceCam

Postby Kevmaster » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 am

JaceCam wrote:
Neverend wrote:Yeah but then on the other hand, if you make awesome amvs you will eventually shine.

ya but not the year that you go for. and only if its a popular anime. like my gungrave amv people who have seen gungrave say its really awesome cause the song and anime go hand in hand. yet online it barely gets any attention tho my one piece ones get alot of attention its kinda like a popular anime contest in a way online thats they way i see it but i don't care i still love my gungrave

Best ways to be recognized:

- Make awesome Videos
- Announce them
- Whore Opinion Exchanges
- Make Friends with other editors, more Posts in your announcement Thread will cause more attention...

That's pretty much it, I guess.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby JaceCam » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:35 am

Kevmaster wrote:Best ways to be recognized:

- Make awesome Videos
- Announce them
- Whore Opinion Exchanges
- Make Friends with other editors, more Posts in your announcement Thread will cause more attention...

That's pretty much it, I guess.

which all sums up to basically a popularity contest from the sounds of it. like a political campagin instead of a quality contest.
JaceCam

Postby Bauzi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:01 am

It´s not. Nearly every year the rookie wins with the best videos. Most categories are based on popularity, but I just can repeat it: It isn´t. Every year wins somebody that acutally deserved it.

Make awesome videos and you´ll get noticed. Nobody said that it´s easy and well ScorpionP for example made a really awesome job this year.

The hints that Kev gave you were just katalysts.

Maybe you get your change at the JCA? Who knows? However this JCA are no popularity contest at all:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=85800
Bauzi

Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby DoomDragon6 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:21 am

Okay, um, I'm like.. Brand-spanking new to AMVs.

But! That's what makes me a rookie!

And I would like to shamelessly plug my very first AMV (which I've been told is quite good, but that's up to you guys).

It's called:
Anime's Ready to Die

I wanted to make an AMV where Light was the one killing all our favorite anime characters. So I did. Enjoy?

Whether you guys vote or not I'd like to hear some feedback. This thing took a while to make. =[

Annnnd... Hopefully that link up there will work.
DoomDragon6

Postby Radical_Yue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:09 am

DoomDragon6 wrote:Okay, um, I'm like.. Brand-spanking new to AMVs.

But! That's what makes me a rookie!

And I would like to shamelessly plug my very first AMV (which I've been told is quite good, but that's up to you guys).

It's called:
Anime's Ready to Die

I wanted to make an AMV where Light was the one killing all our favorite anime characters. So I did. Enjoy?

Whether you guys vote or not I'd like to hear some feedback. This thing took a while to make. =[

Annnnd... Hopefully that link up there will work.

Sorry, but this is for the rookies of 2007, and since this didn't come out before Jan 31st 2007, it doesn't qualify.

Secondly, you should announce it here.

Sorry again, but good luck next year.
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby DoomDragon6 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:54 pm

My apologies! ^_^;
DoomDragon6

Postby CorpseGoddess » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:04 am

Definitely one of my favourite vids of the year:

[vidid=149995]

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with next. I like the way they think. :D
CorpseGoddess

Previous

Return to 2008 AnimeMusicVideo.org Viewer's Choice Awards