Best Use of Special Effects

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Esc wrote:The topic is "Forum rules", not "a-m-v.org rules".
Ok - I just checked.. those rules are agreed upon on the first page of setting up an account as well. Ergo they are site rules. There is no difference between your forum account and your site account... they are the same thing.
Plus it's right there in the qualification page
Other disqualifying conditions. These will not be enforced automatically. However, if during the course of the contest you are found to have broken one of these rules, then you may be disqualified from entering and voting. As before, please use the delete form to remove incorrect video entries.

You must have one and only one membership account.

A video must have one and only one catalog entry.
You must have personally created (or helped in creating) all of the videos in your profile.

Darius GQ
Org Profile

Post by Darius GQ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Let's finish this offtop!

All right. If You think that we're not eligible or something like that to participate, then we recall Spoil from VCA. Thanks for your empathy and understanding. We were simply glad to find out these rules couple of days ago. But I'll ask you to think about one thing, which is - Will VCA really have benefit from our DQ?..

Good luck to all other participants :wink:

Darius GQ
Org Profile

Post by Darius GQ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Let's finish this offtop!

All right. If You think that we're not eligible or something like that to participate, then we recall Spoil from VCA. Thanks for your empathy and understanding. We were simply glad to find out these rules couple of days ago. But I'll ask you to think about one thing, which is - Will VCA really have benefit from our DQ?..

Good luck to all other participants :wink:

RatKiller
Org Profile

Post by RatKiller » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:33 pm

I've got one question which is bothering me the most...
I hope you'll help to clear things out for me...

It is said in the rules:

You must have personally created (or helped in creating) all of the videos in your profile.

Again and again I'm asking myself - So what? What does it have to do with SVS and Spoil?
You simply cannot sense the difference between MEP and STUDIO work. But there is...MEP is created with people who may know each other, but they do not work on AMVs together, they do not share knowledge...they have their parts...Studio work UNITES all of the studio members. Putting aside this aspect, I'd like to mention that studio work is ONE unique video, not just parts gathered together...and MEPs are like scrappy blankets...So, again, putting aside even this one, I still don't get WHY you wish to DQ SPoil so badly. If it violates the rules, then show me how...

SVS is the only account for this video. Video has One entry. Studio has personally created the video.

Maybe you should go and award members of the music bands separately with the prizes, not the whole team, which worked hard to achieve that goal...

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:48 pm

That´s sad. It´s not like they´re trying to troll or something similar. If you really disqualify Spoil because of such things than it´s really really mean.

Just that nobody says that I´m a hypocrit that changes his opinion every minute: My comment above is build on the maybe wrong point that collabs or MEPs can only win the Best Collaborative Video award. Just to clarify ok?
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:49 pm

RatKiller wrote:I've got one question which is bothering me the most...
I hope you'll help to clear things out for me...

It is said in the rules:

Again and again I'm asking myself - So what? What does it have to do with SVS and Spoil?
You simply cannot sense the difference between MEP and STUDIO work. But there is...MEP is created with people who may know each other, but they do not work on AMVs together, they do not share knowledge...they have their parts...Studio work UNITES all of the studio members. Putting aside this aspect, I'd like to mention that studio work is ONE unique video, not just parts gathered together...and MEPs are like scrappy blankets...So, again, putting aside even this one, I still don't get WHY you wish to DQ SPoil so badly. If it violates the rules, then show me how...

SVS is the only account for this video. Video has One entry. Studio has personally created the video.

Maybe you should go and award members of the music bands separately with the prizes, not the whole team, which worked hard to achieve that goal...
There's a reason the website has a collab option in the database. Why use a new account when you can simply add the names of all participants to the video?

It's circumventing a rule and compromising the intention of the database to keep everything organized. No wonder the main site event discourages this.

I don't think it's a crime or anything, but it should've been done in a way that follows a database rules.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:45 pm

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:41 am

-----
These two are different versions of the same vid, one with lyrics/translation, one without. The editor recommends the one with lyrics simply because the original had slightly bright footage, but on my computer it's not that bad, and the resolution's better on the original, so take your pick.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:02 am

Wow, that rule with the multiple account is really really stupid :?

Right Now there are at least 4 other editors that came in my mind that would get disqualified by that rule (possibly more).

And I don't really get the sense of that rule..may someone explain it to me?

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:42 am

If you have a database system you would like to avoid "redudant" information. I see a really good sense in this rule, because without it you could exploit so many functions of this site.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “2008 AnimeMusicVideo.org Viewer's Choice Awards”