Trouble with "Iris round" effect in Premiere pro CS3

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Trouble with "Iris round" effect in Premiere pro CS3

Postby Midnight Detective » Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 am

My round Iris effect is not centering in the frame; instead, it's hanging off to the left side of the picture (like a squished circle). I've tried centering it in the effects control panel, but it refuses to work.
Thing is though -- it'll center for some sequences and others, it'll hang off to the left. It's quite arbitrary. I was wondering if there was a way to reset the tools. It's quite frustrating when certain effects only work part of the time.

Thank you in advance.

~DG

Midnight Detective

Re: Trouble with "Iris round" effect in Premiere pro CS3

Postby Silent » Fri May 28, 2010 2:12 am

Dragon_girl321 wrote:My round Iris effect is not centering in the frame; instead, it's hanging off to the left side of the picture (like a squished circle). I've tried centering it in the effects control panel, but it refuses to work.
Thing is though -- it'll center for some sequences and others, it'll hang off to the left. It's quite arbitrary. I was wondering if there was a way to reset the tools. It's quite frustrating when certain effects only work part of the time.

Thank you in advance.

~DG

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/Plumtucker/screenshot1.png

Try to mess around with the aspect ratio!
Silent

Return to Visual Effects