Video game intro -- how to create one ?

Shaninja
Org Profile

Video game intro -- how to create one ?

Post by Shaninja » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 am

I would love to know how to create the video game intros used in RPGs. Y'know where there's this arrow or something to point to New Game, Load or Options and then when you choose one it goes to a loading screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n11SQkaMS1E
^ That'd be an example of what I mean. The part where it has Play Audition and Exit with the arrow. The amv maker doesn't specify any other program except for Vegas which is complete BS if you ask me. I'm thinking that she used a different editing program to make that intro.

So please help me! ._.; <3

Mastamind
Org Profile

Re: Video game intro -- how to create one ?

Post by Mastamind » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:36 pm

That can be easily done with Vegas. I think there's an arrow shape in the cookie cutter effect, and it's just as easy to mask it. Just get a black solid, mask out the arrow, and animate it in pan/crop. If you want that light blue glow under it too, copy-paste the masked solid in a layer under it, but change the color and apply a blur. You might also want to play around with the transparency to make the glow more subtle.
I don't doubt that was done in vegas, but the random particle effects were probably done in another program. :up:

Shaninja
Org Profile

Re: Video game intro -- how to create one ?

Post by Shaninja » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Thank you so much for your fast reply, I really appreciate it.
Yeah, I thought that it was done in something like Adobe or something. haha. ^^; The random particles are from Particle Illusion so that part is taken care of. :D

Again, thanks for the help. :D

Return to “Effects & Techniques”