CS5 is here! Fianlly something interesting added to AE!

AikiNick
Org Profile

CS5 is here! Fianlly something interesting added to AE!

Post by AikiNick » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:50 am

So, we all remember transition from CS3 to CS4. Which meant that they simply changed interface a bit and added couple of meaningless effects. Now CS5 is here and I think they've added something really sweet: Roto Brush! Followed the link? Watched the video? Looks quite impressive, huh? Imagine how well will it work for anime, where's even more contrasted colors. Another great thing! Check it out! Seems to me this will make work a lot easier. I was actually expecting more advanced 3D capabilities and maybe even an option to work with nodes inside of AE, but this improvement is also quite amazing, huh? Tell me what you think.

The irony is that right now I'm working on a pretty complicated project which needs just this kinds of tools! But I won't get to even touch AE CS5 for quite a long time yet :rofl:

Thanks for attention.
Last edited by AikiNick on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Re: CS5 is here! Fianlly something interesting added to AE!

Post by AaronAMV » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 am

i wouldn't quite say it's amazing since it's been in photoshop for 2(?) editions now, but it is awesome to have. it's not so much masking itself that's cool, but the actual roto brush strokes is pretty awesome.

i'm still looking forward to content aware fill tho

HydraStar
Org Profile

Post by HydraStar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:13 am

Looks amazing!! After Effects is the best software i've ever used. I wish to use AE CS5 soon.

Sora no Honou 空の炎
Org Profile

Post by Sora no Honou 空の炎 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:33 pm

...might as well learn after effects with cs5. It is really getting to the point that it can almost be perfectly described as "Photoshop for video. That is so awesome that it tracks it. So much better than having to go through and use the pen tool for every movement, every line, every frame like I have to do in vegas. Im just afraid of how it will work with anime, and exactly how many frustrating problems it will have with changes between frames.

KholdStare88
Org Profile

Post by KholdStare88 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 am

I'm a CS3 guy for everything, but I might make an exception for AE just for Rotobrush. Sweet.
"I like your sausage (even if they are super long)" -JaddziaDax

Return to “Effects & Techniques”