How to do this effect???

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

How to do this effect???

Postby xPiikanyaa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

How do you do the effect in this video that's like a load of wavy lines going across the video? I'm pretty sure it's some kind of stock effect or plugin, but I don't know how to get it... :<
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale

Re: How to do this effect???

Postby Midnyte » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:58 pm

The streaks look like simple AE motion pathing with lights. The spherical waves AE CCWaveWorld, Premier 3rd party plugin DigiEffects Aurorix.
I have no Vegas/WMM answers, sry.
Midnyte

Postby kuchikiproduction » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:00 am

That is done with the video copilot product called video HD or something, just search it up in the video copilot website.
kuchikiproduction

Postby Vivaldi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Midnyte wrote:The streaks look like simple AE motion pathing with lights. The spherical waves AE CCWaveWorld, Premier 3rd party plugin DigiEffects Aurorix.
I have no Vegas/WMM answers, sry.

kuchikiproduction wrote:That is done with the video copilot product called video HD or something, just search it up in the video copilot website.

It's neither, it's from the ending credits of an anime (I forget which but mostlikely clannad). All the editor did was set the layer mode to screen, you can see the exact same streaks at the end of Nostromo's "Magic Pad".

Which isn't to say it couldn't be done easily in AE, or that Video streams HD doesn't have a very similar effect (It does.) But that exact piece of footage is from an anime.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby xPiikanyaa » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 am

Vivaldi wrote:It's neither, it's from the ending credits of an anime (I forget which but mostlikely clannad). All the editor did was set the layer mode to screen, you can see the exact same streaks at the end of Nostromo's "Magic Pad".

Which isn't to say it couldn't be done easily in AE, or that Video streams HD doesn't have a very similar effect (It does.) But that exact piece of footage is from an anime.

Ah, I see. Thanks! ^^
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale

Postby nommay » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 am

Vivaldi wrote:
It's neither, it's from the ending credits of an anime (I forget which but mostlikely clannad). All the editor did was set the layer mode to screen, you can see the exact same streaks at the end of Nostromo's "Magic Pad".

Holy crap! Perhaps I should spend more time messing with layer modes
nommay
om nom nom

Postby Niotex » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Its also possible to simply create a wavy line[mask] using the pen tool in AE and applying stroke to it. Then keying the beginning/end value's to create the animation. Not sure if this is possible in Vegas however.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby iCardioidAMV » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:49 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozhdrvwommj

That's the download link. ^^
iCardioidAMV

Postby xPiikanyaa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 am

TamaHime09 wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?ozhdrvwommj

That's the download link. ^^

Thanks a lot! <3