Two layers? ~~

Othy
Org Profile

Two layers? ~~

Post by Othy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Hello all ;>

At first I want to say that my english's not as good as it should be so I hope you don't bother about grammar and other failures Q_Q ... if you're a "NEED RIGHT SPELLING!!" -Person then pls close this window as fast as you opened it xP ~~

So, now to my problem ^^''
At the moment I'm doing my first AMV and working on it kinda hard. Now I've got the first problem with an special effect and I hope you could help me a lil bit (: ... I want to play a scene in the background and in the foregrund at the same time. That sounds kinda easy, just mask a pic and make it lil bit transparent and put it in the foreground ~and that's it? Nope...
My problem is that I not want just a singel PIC but a whole movement from a person in the foreground [like running or smth].

I've no idea how to do it >.<'' ...
Do I rly have to mask ALL movement-pics from the animation? [for example x.x]
Or is there an easier possibility to do it? ._.'' ... maybe a nice program? : /

Hope you know what I mean... for an example > Youtube ~
Scenes: 0:00 - 0:02 // 1:00 - 1:05

mfg, Othy

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Two layers? ~~

Post by Niotex » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:04 pm

If they have a background with a solid color you can color/chroma key them. Chances are however that this is not the case. In which case you WILL have to mask/roto/cut out everything frame by frame [image by image].

/edit

If you're looking for software then you can do it with things like photoshop,gimp,paintshop pro. As well as programs such as vegas, after effects.

Othy
Org Profile

Post by Othy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Omg, that would be insane... o.o
30sec; 25FPS = 750masks *sigh*

Well, thy for the answer : /
Could you recommend me a program to "get" the frame-per-frame pics? o.o

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Virtualdub which is included in the AmvAPP can save video as image sequences. Newer versions of Photoshop can import video as well. But if you want to mask directly in the video editing application then Vegas and/or After Effects will do just fine.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Othy wrote:Hello all ;>

Hope you know what I mean... for an example > Youtube ~
Scenes: 0:00 - 0:02 // 1:00 - 1:05

mfg, Othy
That video uses chroma keyer. It shows a scene of the character running with the original background and it is almost entirely blue.
I've only just started to use the after effects trial but I would say it is much better for masking frame by frame motion than vegas. People post topics about vegas glitches with those sorts of masks all the time.
I use vegas but I do all my motion masking in photoshop. I don't have a version that can import video so it can be around 30 frames for a couple seconds. It's not a fast process but I prefer it to sloppy looking masks.
I also get the feeling that After Effects (since it masks like photoshop) would be quite time saving when it comes to this.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”