SV8 masking glitch

kossyremp
Org Profile

SV8 masking glitch

Post by kossyremp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:03 am

So My Sony Vegas 8.0 has this problem when I mask. I dont know if this happens to everyone or what causes it. What happens is, if Im masking a moving object (say a man walking either left or right) I click the 1st key frame, mask around the object, click on the second key frame etc. but I always end up getting to one key frame where no matter what I mask out or do, I cant alter the video, the clip will just keep the last key frames mask. So I end up with like a guy walking in my video and then randomly for a split second, the mask will be in the wrong place and there will be a cut out of a guy on a wall or something. Any help?

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Re: SV8 masking glitch

Post by Vivaldi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:01 am

It sounds like you have blended frames. Because of a framerate shift at some point (most likely) or just a really bad source, it's when inbetween every two frames, there's a frame where they're 50% blended together. This can create havoc with masking, since this makes massively deformed frames. Also, IIRC, in vegas you don't usually notice the frames unless it's rendered in some form, so it might look like it's masked okay, but it's really not.

The only way to correct this is to actually remove the blended frames from your source, I'm not familiar with the process, but it can be something of a bitch. I'm sure someone else will pop in in a minute who knows how to do it. :|
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

DualShax
Org Profile

Post by DualShax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:44 pm

Umm u can just try splitting the vid everytime the "man" moves and masking each time, that usually works for me. Or right click on the clip go down to properties and change the undersample rate from 1.000 to 0.999 or less.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:46 pm

DualShax wrote:Umm u can just try splitting the vid everytime the "man" moves and masking each time, that usually works for me. Or right click on the clip go down to properties and change the undersample rate from 1.000 to 0.999 or less.
It's just frameblending that can be usually fixed with disabling resample and having youre template match youre source .

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:04 am

Another thing to check is to make sure that the frame rate of your project is the same as your source footage.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”