Need help with a few types of effects in Adobe Premiere CS4

AnimeSpiritZ
Org Profile

Need help with a few types of effects in Adobe Premiere CS4

Post by AnimeSpiritZ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 am

I have Adobe Premiere CS4 & After Effects, although i'm still new to its interface. I'm trying to figure out how to create these types of effects in a amv

1. dream-like effect (the sides of the video is faded in white, while the middle has its original colors)

2. having a certain clip, but making it smaller in size, and placing it in a specific area of a video. (I need help with different situations of using this effect -> having a still box of the clip on top of another video / having the clip-box itself move around the video / blending the video in with the other video / having the dream-like effect of this clip as i've mentioned before)

3. transitioning from one clip to another, except making it looks as though the sides have the dream-like effect, and the feel of a heart beat during the transition (i'm not sure how much sense this actually makes though.. i'm attempting to word it in the best way I can) and a transition when it looks like it's fading in the dream-like effect into a completly white screen, and then possibly quickly fading into another clip as a followup

I'm also unfamiliar with terms that users usually know such as masking, etc.

TheTreeAMV
Org Profile

Re: Need help with a few types of effects in Adobe Premiere CS4

Post by TheTreeAMV » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 pm

I don't think I've given advice on the org before, but here goes nothing :P
AnimeSpiritZ wrote:1. dream-like effect (the sides of the video is faded in white, while the middle has its original colors)

2. having a certain clip, but making it smaller in size, and placing it in a specific area of a video. (I need help with different situations of using this effect -> having a still box of the clip on top of another video / having the clip-box itself move around the video / blending the video in with the other video / having the dream-like effect of this clip as i've mentioned before)

3. transitioning from one clip to another, except making it looks as though the sides have the dream-like effect, and the feel of a heart beat during the transition (i'm not sure how much sense this actually makes though.. i'm attempting to word it in the best way I can) and a transition when it looks like it's fading in the dream-like effect into a completly white screen, and then possibly quickly fading into another clip as a followup

I'm also unfamiliar with terms that users usually know such as masking, etc.
Masking: Something you can wikipedia or find tutorials for online. My suggestions: videocopilot.net or creativecow.com

1.) I would suggest AE - make a white solid, then mask it into a square. Invert the mask so all that remains is the part outside of the circle, then feather, expand mask, etc as you desire

2.) Do you mean scale or masking?

3.) Umm... I'm pretty sure dip to white would satisfy what you're looking for. If not, just make a new title, then create a white box big enough to fill the frame - then you can cross dissolve it over the original clips to make it fade up to white and then back down.

Experiment with that a bit. If you want more detailed responses or clarification, let me know.

"Sarcasm is a tool of the weak. Like diplomacy... and indecision." - Cory Alstad

Return to “Effects & Techniques”