Cool effect

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Cool effect

Postby nanda_to » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 am

Can someone tell me how to make this effect and with what program is made, please?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1006/bscap0001r.jpg
nanda_to

Re: Cool effect

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:20 am

are you talking about the cutting out the scene part? or the filtering done on the video... and how to do it will depend on what program you are using... I'm sure it can be done in several programs
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby nanda_to » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 pm

well the effect is in the Naruto - Hit the floor amv and I want it to be shown just like that ( the program doesn't matter )
nanda_to

Postby Falconone » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:42 pm

just make one pic with such drawn in a programm and but it on a layer above the vid, next if there is the white so you use a key effect that the white take out and you see the normal video with the black part above
Falconone
get the Punch

Postby nanda_to » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:56 pm

I want only the movemant of the effect nothing else I just want to put a movie in there with that movemant.Here is the part
nanda_to

Postby AaronAMV » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Falconone wrote:just make one pic with such drawn in a programm and but it on a layer above the vid, next if there is the white so you use a key effect that the white take out and you see the normal video with the black part above

the same thing, just export a whole scene of them
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Postby nanda_to » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am

I still dont get how to make the moving part and with what program to make it...
nanda_to

Postby JazzyDJ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:58 am

I'm not sure what he's saying either, but after studying the clip you posted a little bit, it looks like they cut out the top layer of the mask in 2 phases for each animation. The first phase looks smaller in circumfrance but in perfect alignment with the second phase. Basically it looks lke it goes from the first (smaller) triangle (or triangleS if you look closely at some parts) then directly to the full size triangle that shows the Naruto characters, and the 2nd triangle it held much longer on the beat than the first triangle. So basically it gives the appearence that it's animated because the first phase/triangle isn't there but for a quick beat and then the second masked triangle shows up. It's only like 2 frames per second to make it appear animated. It can be done in Photoshop by the looks of it. You just need to make sure the timing and the alignment is perfect.

There also appears to be some fading in and out with black and white flashes (layered between the Naruto track and the Masked track of the triangle windows).

As for making the animation look right, you might need to do some math to make sure the 2 phases are in proper proportions, alignment, and equal length and such.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40
JazzyDJ

Postby darslott » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi, I'm newbie in this forum but I think I can help you a little bit
I could perceive three effects:
Roughen Edges
Brightness and Contrast
Radial transition
All of them in After Effects. Sorry for my spelling, It's beacuse of my native language.
darslott

Postby shawnnm2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 pm

It manly look like it is being masked and stuffing and the edge is be feathered and maybe an effect to go along with it, my guess.
shawnnm2

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

necro for the win
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Return to Visual Effects