Black and White

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Black and White

Postby Shine_Star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Hii I need an opinion about one project that I'm working on. Is about Tekkonkinkreet, and I want that the characters stay in black and white. I tried using Sony Vegas for make that, and the only option that I thought would make something decent, was using the mask tool and cut frame by frame.

I worked that in a small video.
Spoiler :

I also made an texture for the background, anyway, but doesn't look perfect. And in all the frames that I cut there is allways a part that I see some color...

There is another or better way to make this ? Some tips would be apreceated...thanks :)
Shine_Star

Re: Black and White

Postby Niotex » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Learn 2 Roto

In all seriousness if you're going to be cutting out chars there really isn't any better way. You'll just have to brush up your masking skills. I mean honestly that shot doesn't look all that complicated and you can probably do it with 20 points.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby Shine_Star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Niotex wrote:Learn 2 Roto

In all seriousness if you're going to be cutting out chars there really isn't any better way. You'll just have to brush up your masking skills. I mean honestly that shot doesn't look all that complicated and you can probably do it with 20 points.

Humm...I was wondering if would be a easiest way...thanks :up: , and yup I choose a easy part for trying that, I'm crazy O.O....just more 4433 frames. I will do this in the whole video. I have an entertainment for all the year :shock:
Shine_Star

Postby Niotex » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Nah frames like that take about what? 10 to 20 seconds at most? You'd be done in no time.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby Koopiskeva » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Niotex wrote:Nah frames like that take about what? 10 to 20 seconds at most? You'd be done in no time.

Maybe a full face shot frame may only take like a minute, but fully animated body shots or lots of keyframes (which tekkokinkreet seems to have) would take a long time. 3-8 minutes per frame depending on how distracted your are, and add fatigue.

|:
Hi.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby Shine_Star » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Yup is like Koopi said =/...and the hair is really hard in some parts... Its not so bad as I thought I'm guetting better:...now I take 2/3 minutos in each frame :amv:

Unless this part that took me almost 20 minutes in each frame :roll:

Spoiler :

I will do it..ohh yeahh....thankis =D
Shine_Star

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Don't even talk to me about rotoing Key frames, some of my projects in the past required almost 1000 frames... My new project require quite a few hundreds and the masks I use are complex as that's the only way to get a flawlerss look

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2013 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Anime North 2011 - 2013 AMV Room Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Shine_Star » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:59 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Don't even talk to me about rotoing Key frames, some of my projects in the past required almost 1000 frames... My new project require quite a few hundreds and the masks I use are complex as that's the only way to get a flawlerss look

Vlad

=D
Shine_Star

Return to Visual Effects