Only black and white?

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Only black and white?

Postby Animated » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:31 am

Well, i've been searching a way to have my scenes coloured only black and white on vegas. I don't mean making them grey, like an old movie, but just pure black and white. I have already tried playing with brightness and contrast and threshhold, but... nothing great happened. Is there anything i can do? Thx in advance :sweat:
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Re: Only black and white?

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 am

have you tried combining effects, such as threshold and contrast and the gray scale?
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby ngsilver » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 am

I don't know how it will work in vegas, but I know to accomplish that effect in premier (I'm using it in a video I'm working on) I had to first greyscale the clip, I then mess with the brightness and contrast, turning the contrast WAY up until I got a black/white image. Some tweaking will help smooth the edges and things, but generally that's how I accomplished it. Now if it will work the same way in vegas, I've got no clue.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Animated » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:54 pm

i just get a better result, but not what i want... thx anyway :D
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Slash » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Hmmm i can't really understand what your aiming for but try "Channel Blend>Distribute Red" maybe that would work :amv:
Slash

Postby FreedomEditor » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:21 pm

There is a Black and White effect in Vegas why dont you just use that and put the settings to 100% black and white. (Forgive me if im wrong ive never used it but ive seen it there and believe it works....go cheak it out)
FreedomEditor

Return to Visual Effects