Me In an anime Video

Zustin62
Org Profile

Me In an anime Video

Post by Zustin62 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 am

Hi I'm making a amv That I want to put me in the video,Not a pic,But video footage of me! I Want it to be me punching a anime character lol

I use
"Adobe Premiere Pro CS3" & "Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0"

I've seen Videos with anime characters put in different videos! But I Don't even know how to do that,I have only done stuff like that with images not video can any one help me with this?

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:49 am

It´s a matter of how much effort and work you put in. Do you have a blue or green box?

Or just film yourself and key out yourself in every frame with the help of the vector tool:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/PenToolGuide.pdf
77.8MB PDF, right-click to download

You can do it in AE and Vegas.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 am

Bauzi wrote:
You can do it in AE and Vegas.
Not in vegas movie studio however. I'd say his best bet is greenscreen.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Zustin62
Org Profile

Post by Zustin62 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Well I forgot to add "After Effects CS3" I also have that!,I'll read that Guide you posting thanks for that! If I wanted to do it the other way Would a Blue Blanket Work, I have a huge one,are would I have to go buy Something New! and How would I use a Blue screen to Do this, in the video software I have?

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:29 pm

To bluescreen, you basically do whatever action you want infront of your screen, import your video, and apply an effect called "color key". You select a single specific color, and it removes all instances of that color from the video, leaving transparency. How well your blanket will work depends on how many discolorations it has, is, the amount of creases, and pretty much anything that would keep it from looking like a blank blue wall. Also beware that anything you wear that's blue will be eliminated too.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:05 pm

What you're talking about is "compositing" in the more film/vfx sense of the word. When you see it done in movies, 99% of the time the actors or whatever were shot on a blue/green screen. This is something that while it's not hard to do, it's not easy to do WELL. If not done well, you're going to be able to look at the footage and say "yeah, that's some pretty terrible compositing." So what I'd suggest you do is look up some really comprehensive and tight tutorials online about compositing with blue/green screening. To put it in perspective, at my school we have an entire course dedicated to Media Compositing, and I've seen senior projects that still look amateurish. But either way, best of luck to you.

(Also, Keylight 1.2 + Matte Choker > Color Key)
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Vivaldi wrote:Also beware that anything you wear that's blue will be eliminated too.
So does that mean if you are wearing blue clothes, you'll end up naked :P

Anyways, what can make it hard is the color used in the background (bluescreen or green) needs to be solid and consistant and hence lighted well to eliminate thinks like your shadow, other lighting varients and gradients and dark spots, etc

Vlad

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:39 pm

well that's if you chroma out the blue :P if you chroma out green then blue will stay there.. O.o

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:44 pm

It only has to be well lit around the area the subject is going to be moving in. If there's shadows and other such junk in areas the subject never goes, it can just be cut off with a garbage matte, or something similar.

Oh, and be sure the subject never moves out of frame. :P
... yea ...

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm

LivingFlame wrote:It only has to be well lit around the area the subject is going to be moving in. If there's shadows and other such junk in areas the subject never goes, it can just be cut off with a garbage matte, or something similar.
Well of course, I figured that was obvious.. then again maybe not :wink:

Vlad

Return to “Effects & Techniques”