The World?

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

The World?

Postby Dafreshprince » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:01 pm

I want to make a bunch of pictures from the anime and make them make up one big picture, perferablly Earth, the world. And I'm not sure and how I should go at this. An example is like the Start of Petite Cossette, sort like this

Image[/img]
Dafreshprince

Postby Pwolf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:28 pm

do you have any composting software?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Dafreshprince » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Pwolf wrote:do you have any composting software?

No, I dont think so
Dafreshprince

Postby Pwolf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 pm

Dafreshprince wrote:
Pwolf wrote:do you have any composting software?

No, I dont think so

Get one and learn it... then come back and ask :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Ashyukun » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:33 pm

There is actually software that is designed to do this... I forget exactly what this effect is commonly referred to as, but if you can find that term and search for it, you'll find a number of options. Doing it with still images is what I mostly found.... doing it with video is both harder to find and much more resource intensive.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech

Postby LivingFlame » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Ashyukun wrote:I forget exactly what this effect is commonly referred to as, but if you can find that term and search for it, you'll find a number of options.

That would be a mosaic.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:08 pm

LivingFlame wrote:
Ashyukun wrote:I forget exactly what this effect is commonly referred to as, but if you can find that term and search for it, you'll find a number of options.

That would be a mosaic.

That would be a "photomosaic." - I used http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/ for Genkaiten. I liked it. You just need to have a large amount of RAM to get AE or whatever else you're working in to take the image in any sort of decent resolution (I worked in 17212 x 11475).
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby LivingFlame » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:39 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
LivingFlame wrote:

That would be a mosaic.

That would be a "photomosaic."

If you want to be like that, then on technicality, yes, it's a photomosaic. But you don't have to know that to find software to do it. The first result of a google search for "mosaic software" is exactly the page you just posted. =\
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Also of note, the term "photomosaic" and the algorithm for doing it are (in the U.S.) copyrighted (by the school I just got my degree from) - which is why programs like andreamosaic are have export agreements attached to them.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Return to Visual Effects