Special Effects used in a cool video on Youtube

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Special Effects used in a cool video on Youtube

Post by ultimateX021 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 am

I don't know if all of you saw that video, Robocop vs. Terminator on any of the video sites. It's also in youtube, but it may possibly be in other areas. I may have seen hints of Rotoscoping which I found out that Adobe Premiere and After Effects might have this effect. I also noticed some other interesting effects besides the usual cutting between clips. If you've seen it, what other effects are used in the video and what video programs use most of them? (I'm thinking Vegas, but I don't have the program)
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:09 pm

Yeah this has some really clever masking in it and more important: color correction to make it look like one source. Than you have some simpel multilayerstuff for the Terminator vision and an high increase of contrast for the Predator vision. Well that are the effects that I saw. I never saw Terminator 1,2, Predator and can´t remeber Robocop :P
There is also a lot of audio editing in it. I guess that most of the stuff is made with own music and sampels to be able to ignore the original sound wich highly would disturb your work and the screw a cineastic feeling.

I think you can do all the stuff in Vegas, but I would prefer After Effects for it.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:48 am

Bauzi wrote:cineastic
I lol'd.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Re:

Post by ultimateX021 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Bauzi wrote:Yeah this has some really clever masking in it and more important: color correction to make it look like one source. Than you have some simpel multilayerstuff for the Terminator vision and an high increase of contrast for the Predator vision. Well that are the effects that I saw. I never saw Terminator 1,2, Predator and can´t remeber Robocop :P
There is also a lot of audio editing in it. I guess that most of the stuff is made with own music and sampels to be able to ignore the original sound wich highly would disturb your work and the screw a cineastic feeling.

I think you can do all the stuff in Vegas, but I would prefer After Effects for it.
Vegas and After Effects sound useful for that editing. Cool. What other video programs could also allow you to apply masking and multilayer effects to video clips?
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Return to “Effects & Techniques”