Watermarks?

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Watermarks?

Postby CyKairus » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Hello-

I just made my first AMV and about have it ready for release. Before I do, I want to figure out how to apply a watermark to the video, preferably in the lower corner. I've seen other AMVs do it so I know it's possible.

Software I have available to me if it helps:

Studio 10
Photoshop Elements 2.0
VirtualDub
CyKairus

Postby Krisqo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:13 pm

I'm not sure what Studio 10 is but if it has a way of changing the position of a clip then all you need to do is create your watermark in Elements but make sure it is relatively small, import into your editing program and set it as the highest track in your timeline so it sits on top of all your footage, and then change the positioning of the clip. However, if your program is like Windows Movie Maker, I would have NO idea how to even go about that.
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 pm

I dont like water marks :(
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Vivaldi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Most people really dislike watermarks, I'd advise against it.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby CyKairus » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:26 am

Thing won't let me import image files (png, bmp, gif, etc.) as video clips so I can't add it beforehand like I wanted to, watermarking seemed the better option. SOmething nonintrusive, like I said in my first post. Not something like a giant artist's name acropss the screen so you can't see the video. Like channel icons on TV and stuff more like.
CyKairus

Postby LivingFlame » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 pm

It's still intrusive. =\
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby CyKairus » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Best I can tell is Studio 10's closer to Nero 7 than anything, it came with my video capture device. Intrusive, ugly or not is beside the point. I want to know how you make one, not what people's opinions are of the things.

Krisqo: I think it does have something like that. There's a place for text boxes, I might be able to import the watermark into that.

EDIT: Your idea worked for a titlecard, thank you.
CyKairus

Return to Visual Effects