Reflection of styles 3 question on track 12

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Reflection of styles 3 question on track 12

Postby Vanity » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:56 am

Hi there ppl ive come across an interesting effect/see through brush...i was wondering if anyone had any idea how to create. You see i would ask the editor but since he hasn't been active in a while i didn't bother leaving a message.

I want to know how to create see through brush strokes around my footage like how he did in this pic.

The editor is Rozard from Reflection of Styles MEP.
Vanity

Postby Zarxrax » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:44 am

One way I would do it is use photoshop to create mattes for those brush strokes, then just apply the matte over your video.
Zarxrax

Postby Vanity » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:21 am

hmmm.. would you know where'd i could find these exact brushes or something that looks like these... if so what would it be called>?
Vanity

Postby Vivaldi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:49 am

check deviant art, pretty much any type of oil (or light grunge) brush will get you that effect.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby kyubixmunky » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:07 pm

I'm pretty sure that brush is a default brush on photoshop.
kyubixmunky

Postby Vanity » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:19 pm

i actually use Gimp..so i don't think i have it and i can't find it any where in deviantart..if anyone finds these particular brushes please let me know =D.
Vanity

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

you can always google brushes for photoshop (which a lot of the time brings up deviantart anyways...) and see what you get.... whenever I get bored of my brushes its what I do.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby LivingFlame » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:54 pm

I founds me an interesting bit of gimpiness over on teh tewbz. Mebbe it can help?

I have no idea why I felt the need to talk like that. Just bear with it. =\
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby Vanity » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:13 pm

yea i google brushes all the time and thankyou livingflame but i already understand the concept on how to install and find them but i really appreciate it thank you =D. Hopefully i will find those particular brushes that im looking for.
Vanity

Postby LivingFlame » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Yea, I thought you might already know, but I wasn't sure. (And I don't use GIMP, so...yeah >_>). Hopefully I didn't come off as demeaning or anything; I wasn't trying to do anything like that.

I know that in Photoshop you are able to create a custom brush that actually paints on a border. Basically, instead of it acting like a normal brush, it acts more like a huge border stamp so that it paints on the border with one click. It works like this in Photoshop. Maybe it would be possible to do something like that in the GIMP? Like I said, I don't use GIMP so I don't know; I'm just throwing thoughts around.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby Vanity » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:38 pm

yea i see what your talking about and thankyou for helping me =D. Could you maybe tell me if you find that same brush set that rozard used in this track or something that looks like it, i'd love to have it.
Vanity

Postby Vivaldi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 pm

<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby Vanity » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:14 pm

thank you vivaldiscool =D, i appreciate it.
Vanity

Return to Visual Effects