Newcomer needing helps

dataznguy4
Org Profile

Newcomer needing helps

Post by dataznguy4 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi, this will be my first post.
For the past few weeks i've been watching a lot of AMVs and learning how to use AE, Vegas, and Premiere. I came across two completely different AMVs on youtube which has the identical effects in their videos, creators are different also.

Video 1 : http://youtube.com/watch?v=c9usLBxr5DI
Video 2 : http://youtube.com/watch?v=xwgVADWeNkw

The questions that i wanted to ask is that , if anyone who is familiar with the effects at 0:01 - 0:03 (video 1) or 0:11 - 0:12 (Video 2) , the 5 horizontal bars blinking , please suggest to me the program(mes) i should be using to achieves this affect. Because the effects are the EXACTLY the same in the two videos lead me to think that the creators might have not make those from scratch, and used a preset instead.

I'm currently working on my first amv on Nodame Cantabile , and that effect is just what i've needed.

Thanks for taking your time reading this post.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:01 am

The 1st video is a parody of the 2nd.

You can do it in almost every video editing software.

Just make a picture in an paining programm with 5 white bars and a black background.
Import it to your program and figure out how you can make the black invisible. I recommend the Help of the program itself (F1?) or google.

Many programs have very basic drawing functions. Or crop a white clip into 5 bars. There are thousands of way to do this :?

and the rest is just some fadein/out
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Morten
Org Profile

Post by Morten » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:45 am

I'm just going to throw it out there since i have a question regarding vid2 anyway, (Koop's vid, damn it love it)

Theres a quick effekt where a line is first shot out from the middle towards the side, and then it expands and transforms into a circle like animation.

I have been scratching my head how to make this effect, and it seems to be way too precise to be done with a mask or a simple "figure" like the effect that the op requested.

Anyway, just wondering since i would like to experiment with it. :)

If you can't answer, well, i won't die or smth. :)

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: Newcomer needing helps

Post by Shui » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:23 am

dataznguy4 wrote:EXACTLY the same in the two videos lead me to think that the creators might have not make those from scratch, and used a preset instead.
Ok I read it again and have to say : It was done from scratch !
I'm not sure but I think at that time Koop used MS Paint and some Music Composition Software from Magix(?)

And if some of you actually would say what software yer using it would be no prob to answer correctly. And if you're using movie maker give up !

Well I could continue flaming about not be capable to figure out something like that on your own. But with every decent video editing system there has to be a certain effect wich can deformate you video, one to change the position and one to change the visibility. You don't need more to get this kind of thing.

BUT Euphoria is a very original video, why would someone try to copy something from it ?
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Newcomer needing helps

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:38 am

mal shuir wrote:BUT Euphoria is a very original video, why would someone try to copy something from it ?
because people have been copying it since it was released...

The way Koop made this video was technically the "hard way" he did use a combination of Magix (which does have a movie editor, not just music software, in fact he still uses Magix) and MS Paint.

The lines at the beginning can be made in any photo editing software from MS Paint to Photoshop or THE GIMP or whatever else you have, then the images are imported into into your video editing software and are placed on an overlay above them... and panned into place.

dataznguy4
Org Profile

Post by dataznguy4 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Thank you for the explanations, this only shows how much of a noob i am at these things. T_T

Return to “Effects & Techniques”