Rewind?

Section_XIII
Org Profile

Rewind?

Post by Section_XIII » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 am

I use Movie Maker.. My first mistake, but at the current I'm cheap, and honestly just don't want to take the time to learn something else.. I digress.

Movie Maker. I was hoping to reverse a clip or two.. Is that possible at all? I've been looking through the forums here and the movie maker forums. Haven't seen anything. If I can't get an effect to do that, how could I do so? Achieve(sp?) said rewind effect, that is. Possibility? Maybe I'm to ambitious.. I dunno. So probably a dumb question.. One that will brand me a newb.. Or am I already a newb? I don't think so.. But I kinda do.. Blast. I must be... It's like the damned Old Spicy commercial. I simply don't have it. Anyway.. Thanks for the help, anyone who does so.. Helping that is.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: Rewind?

Post by Shui » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:21 am

Section_XIII wrote:and honestly just don't want to take the time to learn something else
then why do you edit ? It's not very fun timz with movie maker (atleast 4 me)

Movie Maker can't do anything ! U have to accept that.
I mean u can't even zoom in to see 1 frame :x
If you wan't to do something better you have to get something better. And to learn hwo other editing system work can be fun timez ^^

simply put : WMM can't do a shit what u want. If google didn't find it, you probably can't do it.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 am

mal shuir is right.

Keep your head up and search for some trial version of better editing software like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere or MAGIX Video deLuxe. It´s not that expensive.

The effect you´re searching for is a simpel playback manipulation. Most of the editing software I know can rewind clips with this kind of manipulation.
Is that possible at all? I've been looking through the forums here and the movie maker forums. Haven't seen anything.
You won´t find anything because this fx is plain simpel. Nobody really needs help for that unless he has a bad editing software like... well WMM.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Section_XIII
Org Profile

Post by Section_XIII » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:20 pm

I see.. That's good to know that it can be done. Any suggestions on what I should use, or is this just one of those preference things? I ask that cause I don't really know anything about other editing programs.. Guess I'll learn, eh? Off to search for trials.

Thanks for the help guys.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:38 pm

IMO, when editing in Windows, Sony Vegas is WIN. That is all.

(Ok, that's not all. As a bonus, here's a little guide to Vegas. I assume it would prove useful. I've never actually read it myself...I used Vegas before I knew these boards existed, so I never felt the need. >_>)
... yea ...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:54 pm

actually downloading trials and playing with them is the best way to learn what you want to use.

most people around here use Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere or Magix

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 pm

If you don't mind a little extra work, you can reverse the clip in VirtualDubMod or AviSynth before you import it into WMMMMM.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:58 pm

cut the clip up into many single frames and then arrange them backwards.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:04 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:cut the clip up into many single frames and then arrange them backwards.
He cant, he's using WMM :p

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:cut the clip up into many single frames and then arrange them backwards.
He cant, he's using WMM :p
but if he had the Vista version it is possible. I know from a friend that there you can cut frame by frame >_>

Return to “Effects & Techniques”