Rewind?

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Rewind?

Postby Section_XIII » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 am

I use Movie Maker.. My first mistake, but at the current I'm cheap, and honestly just don't want to take the time to learn something else.. I digress.

Movie Maker. I was hoping to reverse a clip or two.. Is that possible at all? I've been looking through the forums here and the movie maker forums. Haven't seen anything. If I can't get an effect to do that, how could I do so? Achieve(sp?) said rewind effect, that is. Possibility? Maybe I'm to ambitious.. I dunno. So probably a dumb question.. One that will brand me a newb.. Or am I already a newb? I don't think so.. But I kinda do.. Blast. I must be... It's like the damned Old Spicy commercial. I simply don't have it. Anyway.. Thanks for the help, anyone who does so.. Helping that is.
Section_XIII

Re: Rewind?

Postby Shui » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:21 am

Section_XIII wrote:and honestly just don't want to take the time to learn something else

then why do you edit ? It's not very fun timz with movie maker (atleast 4 me)

Movie Maker can't do anything ! U have to accept that.
I mean u can't even zoom in to see 1 frame :x
If you wan't to do something better you have to get something better. And to learn hwo other editing system work can be fun timez ^^

simply put : WMM can't do a shit what u want. If google didn't find it, you probably can't do it.
Shui
Shuitcake

Postby Bauzi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 am

mal shuir is right.

Keep your head up and search for some trial version of better editing software like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere or MAGIX Video deLuxe. It´s not that expensive.

The effect you´re searching for is a simpel playback manipulation. Most of the editing software I know can rewind clips with this kind of manipulation.

Is that possible at all? I've been looking through the forums here and the movie maker forums. Haven't seen anything.

You won´t find anything because this fx is plain simpel. Nobody really needs help for that unless he has a bad editing software like... well WMM.
Bauzi

Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby Section_XIII » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:20 pm

I see.. That's good to know that it can be done. Any suggestions on what I should use, or is this just one of those preference things? I ask that cause I don't really know anything about other editing programs.. Guess I'll learn, eh? Off to search for trials.

Thanks for the help guys.
Section_XIII

Postby LivingFlame » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:38 pm

IMO, when editing in Windows, Sony Vegas is WIN. That is all.

(Ok, that's not all. As a bonus, here's a little guide to Vegas. I assume it would prove useful. I've never actually read it myself...I used Vegas before I knew these boards existed, so I never felt the need. >_>)
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:54 pm

actually downloading trials and playing with them is the best way to learn what you want to use.

most people around here use Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere or Magix
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Kitsuner » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 pm

If you don't mind a little extra work, you can reverse the clip in VirtualDubMod or AviSynth before you import it into WMMMMM.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:58 pm

cut the clip up into many single frames and then arrange them backwards.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english

Boredom.
The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer

Postby Zarxrax » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:04 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:cut the clip up into many single frames and then arrange them backwards.

He cant, he's using WMM :p
Zarxrax

Postby Falconone » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:cut the clip up into many single frames and then arrange them backwards.

but if he had the Vista version it is possible. I know from a friend that there you can cut frame by frame >_>
Falconone
get the Punch

Postby The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Zarxrax wrote:

VDubmod.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english

Boredom.
The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer

Postby CerebralAssamite » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 am

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:

VDubmod.

Yeah isn't there a command within avs scripts called reverse? I've used it in the past, that's about as far as I go ...
CerebralAssamite

Postby Section_XIII » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Alright then.. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys.
Section_XIII

Return to Visual Effects