Uh a zooming thing like effect

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Uh a zooming thing like effect

Postby AThornInMyHeart » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Not sure what it's called but its awesome. So its like the original thing then whenevr theres guitar or drum the clip suddenly looks like its coming at you. Shinnie04's video Bleach Intro uses it. I would like to know how to do this. Can anyone help me? Please
We we are the new diabolic, we we are the bitter bucolic, if you want my life you can have it, we we are the pulse of the maggots
AThornInMyHeart

Postby NS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:48 pm

I figured it out myself, you.... maybe can to.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby AThornInMyHeart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:38 am

NerdStrudel wrote:I figured it out myself, you.... maybe can to.

Maybe you can tell me please?
We we are the new diabolic, we we are the bitter bucolic, if you want my life you can have it, we we are the pulse of the maggots
AThornInMyHeart

Postby Minion » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:45 am

what program?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Pherphq » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 am

what video editing program your using to do this effect there are alot of programs that requires that effect
Pherphq

Postby NS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:04 pm

fine, If you're using vegas what you need to do is have your two clips. and Fade the end of your first clip into the beginning of your second clip. have the fade it be for abotu half a second to a second.. although how fast you want the zoom look to last (fast or slow) is controlled more or less by how much you fade into the second clip... ANYWAY.

Fade into your second clip, and on the first clip zoom in on whatever point on the picture.. works good if it's kinda going in a way that makes it look realistic but yah. just zoom in on the first clip and leave the second one be. You don't ACTUALLY zoom in, but with the fast zooming plus the next clip looking like it corresponds with the previous clip the eye is tricked into thinking you just did a quick zoom.. I hope that..makes sense :O
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby AThornInMyHeart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:10 pm

I use Sony Vegas 7.0
AThornInMyHeart

Postby AThornInMyHeart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:11 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:fine, If you're using vegas what you need to do is have your two clips. and Fade the end of your first clip into the beginning of your second clip. have the fade it be for abotu half a second to a second.. although how fast you want the zoom look to last (fast or slow) is controlled more or less by how much you fade into the second clip... ANYWAY.

Fade into your second clip, and on the first clip zoom in on whatever point on the picture.. works good if it's kinda going in a way that makes it look realistic but yah. just zoom in on the first clip and leave the second one be. You don't ACTUALLY zoom in, but with the fast zooming plus the next clip looking like it corresponds with the previous clip the eye is tricked into thinking you just did a quick zoom.. I hope that..makes sense :O

Well.. I don't really get it but I'll try. Can you show me how you do it with pictures it'll really help. Thanks for telling me though.
AThornInMyHeart

Postby floatuponourtears » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:58 am

AThornInMyHeart wrote:
NerdStrudel wrote:fine, If you're using vegas what you need to do is have your two clips. and Fade the end of your first clip into the beginning of your second clip. have the fade it be for abotu half a second to a second.. although how fast you want the zoom look to last (fast or slow) is controlled more or less by how much you fade into the second clip... ANYWAY.

Well.. I don't really get it but I'll try. Can you show me how you do it with pictures it'll really help. Thanks for telling me though.

Assuming you know how to use the Pan/Crop tool, just create a fast zoom effect using it in the last few frames of your clip (you can add radial blur to make it look a little more "realistic"), than just cut to the next clip, it'll create the illusion of "zooming" into the clip.
floatuponourtears

Postby AThornInMyHeart » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:17 pm

floatuponourtears wrote:
AThornInMyHeart wrote:

Assuming you know how to use the Pan/Crop tool, just create a fast zoom effect using it in the last few frames of your clip (you can add radial blur to make it look a little more "realistic"), than just cut to the next clip, it'll create the illusion of "zooming" into the clip.

I dont quite get what you're saying
AThornInMyHeart

Postby nightspiritwings » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm EXTREMLY new at this too, and am confused as well, but i'd like to know how to do this...perhaps some screenshots would help?
nightspiritwings

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:54 pm

RTFM?
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby nightspiritwings » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:56 pm

RTFM? O.o *confused*
nightspiritwings

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:13 am

Read The Fucking Manual.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby nightspiritwings » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:50 am

there is no reason to be so rude

and well my copy is from my sister *since i'm using her old computer*, and well she doesn't have the manual any longer
nightspiritwings

Next

Return to Visual Effects