How was this affect made?

JC_k
Org Profile

How was this affect made?

Post by JC_k » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:32 pm

So I've been trying to copy this affect on after affects and its pissing me off because I really can't figure it out. Here's a link to an edit with the affect.

https://vine.co/v/eFwp6WWKpQw

It's a slo motion like affect. The video is only 30fps so I refuse to believe this was only done with twixtor, and someone mentioned something about using velocity? I've been trying to figure this out for two days, and of corse the person who made it won't respond back ): Any help is appreciated and yes this is my first day here.

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Re: How was this affect made?

Post by Replay Studios » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:43 pm

I am going to assume they used twixtor. There are a few other ways to do slow motion, but twixtor is the most popular

MrNosec
Org Profile

Post by MrNosec » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:32 pm

They used twixtor, but anime has repeated frames wich need to be removed first, this might help you http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=123921
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

Youtube Channel: MrNosec

ZelnaSmith
Org Profile

Post by ZelnaSmith » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:33 am

I think they have used Twixtor since it is very popular software for creating special effects in videos.

MrNosec
Org Profile

Post by MrNosec » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:45 pm

ZelnaSmith wrote:I think they have used Twixtor since it is very popular software for creating special effects in videos.
Twixtor has nothing to do with creating special effects, Twixtor enables you to speed up, slow down or frame rate convert your video using frame interpolation.
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

ZelnaSmith
Org Profile

Post by ZelnaSmith » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:49 pm

I agree... I should have meant "slow motion effects." instead of special effects. It is the best plug-in method for creating speed changes, slow-motion effects, and frame-rate conversions.

MrNosec
Org Profile

Post by MrNosec » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:19 am

ZelnaSmith wrote:I agree... I should have meant "slow motion effects." instead of special effects. It is the best plug-in method for creating speed changes, slow-motion effects, and frame-rate conversions.
Oh my apolagies then, I thought you really believed it was meant for sfx or somehow trying to mislead the op, just a minor missunderstanding, thank you for clearing it up and being a good sport :)
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

ZelnaSmith
Org Profile

Post by ZelnaSmith » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:52 pm

It's cool mate, misunderstanding happens. I went to your YouTube channel and found call of duty and metal gear solid videos. Nice to know we share a common interest here - video games 8-)

MrNosec
Org Profile

Post by MrNosec » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:52 pm

ZelnaSmith wrote:It's cool mate, misunderstanding happens. I went to your YouTube channel and found call of duty and metal gear solid videos. Nice to know we share a common interest here - video games 8-)
Why thank you kindly for checking out my channel :mrgreen: and yes I must admit I game from time to time... ok a little more often then that x)
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

Return to “Effects & Techniques”